All ACC Team Announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
losses to a weak Duke team and an avg. PITT team, for starters. Tied for 4th in the worst ACC in a decade ain't something to brag about.
I really am curious about the metric you used in your claim the 2018 ACC "worst in a decade." Why worst, or decade? Do you mean exactly 10 years, or is the whole thing kind of a typical football message board poster blowing off steam? (My wife's theory is that the boards bleed a lot of aggression out of men and among the benefits is we drive slower. Don't ask me. Sam rationale as the board sometimes. To be sure I agree the ACC was down in 2018. Who thought going in that FSU and VT would fall off the cliff, or that Miami would revert to, well, Miami? Or that Louisville and UNC would win one conference game between them? (Note to board, by the way: Brown for Fedora is bad for GT and the rest of the division. They have guaranteed him money for a staff, and he will nail down a superior group. And Fedora made himself a state punch line.) I grant it was weak, but it has been weaker within the last 10 years. What surprised me was that supposedly good coaches/recruiters were hired at FSU, VT, Virginia, Miami, and all of them collapsed in '18. But we should assume most of those programs will be back in 2019, so all this talking about close losses and bad breaks in 2018 needs to go away pretty quickly. Scores count and that's that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I really am curious about the metric you used in your claim the 2018 ACC "worst in a decade." Why worst, or decade? Do you mean exactly 10 years, or is the whole thing kind of a typical football message board poster blowing off steam? (My wife's theory is that the boards bleed a lot of aggression out of men and among the benefits is we drive slower. Don't ask me. Sam rationale as the board sometimes. To be sure I agree the ACC was down in 2018. Who thought going in that FSU and VT would fall off the cliff, or that Miami would revert to, well, Miami? Or that Louisville and UNC would win one conference game between them? (Note to board, by the way: Brown for Fedora is bad for GT and the rest of the division. They have guaranteed him money for a staff, and he will nail down a superior group. And Fedora made himself a state punch line.) I grant it was weak, but it has been weaker within the last 10 years. What surprised me was that supposedly good coaches/recruiters were hired at FSU, VT, Virginia, Miami, and all of them collapsed in '18. But we should assume most of those programs will be back in 2019, so all this talking about close losses and bad breaks in 2018 needs to go away pretty quickly. Scores count and that's that.

I label posts like the one you reference anecdotal hyperbole...

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

If you follow his posts, he has not had a single positive post in the last month or so and probably much longer. He basically makes up stuff and states it as fact to spin things to be as negative as possible for the coach and team. At this point he has completely turned into a troll.

He seems completely incapable of looking at anything about this team and situation in a open and honest way. Just the same old narrow minded drum beat of we are the absolute worst and something needs to change no matter how many facts get slammed into his face. But when we had that 4 game win steak he was mostly silent except to find something else to complain about.

He is the kind of guy that sets programs back a decade like Tenn or Florida or kills programs like Maryland when they sacked the coach of the year with Ralph.

The best thing is to probably put the troll on ignore.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
From a statistical POV, this is the weakest ACC since 2012, as 2009-2012 were all statistically worse. Big drop off since 2016 when it was #1

Well, these were the worst VPI and FSU teams in memory so there wasn't really a metric involved - it's just that I don't recall an ACC that was so weak after it's top member. We usually have at least 2, if not 3 very-good teams at the top but this year, only 1.

Regardless, I'm in complete agreement with the bolded. Next year almost certainly will be a tougher road for us.

If you follow his posts, he has not had a single positive post in the last month or so and probably much longer. He basically makes up stuff and states it as fact to spin things to be as negative as possible for the coach and team. At this point he has completely turned into a troll.

He seems completely incapable of looking at anything about this team and situation in a open and honest way. Just the same old narrow minded drum beat of we are the absolute worst and something needs to change no matter how many facts get slammed into his face. But when we had that 4 game win steak he was mostly silent except to find something else to complain about.

He is the kind of guy that sets programs back a decade like Tenn or Florida or kills programs like Maryland when they sacked the coach of the year with Ralph.

The best thing is to probably put the troll on ignore.

LOL - I set the program back? How - by taking my kids to the games, observing how we play and commenting on it?

I've said it before and say it again: There are fans like you who are content with 2018-type seasons and there are fans like me who aren't. It's as simple as that. Please slam some facts at me that sugar-coat this completely-average season that had no significant wins whatsoever. How about the 4000-fan drop in attendance? The complete blowout by the mutts for the 2nd year in a row? Losses to weak Duke and USF teams? I'm not going to apologize for not getting excited about blowing out cupcake crap teams like BG and Loserville.

Or am I just 'making stuff up'? The only people doing that are those who try to pretend that 2018 was a great season. It wasn't - it was the kind of season that got Gailey fired.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
GT is the most hated team in the ACC by other teams and the sports media:mad::banghead:
OK, OK. Is this an attempt at levity, or another between-my-ears poll? I mean, who said this? I know they don't want to play the offense. And hate the cut blocks, though every single one of the ACC members cuts, but again who said that? How do you know that? I know it is a message board and anything goes in the blogosphere, but when I see something like this, I kinda want to know the source .... if indeed there is one.I mean, I would think Miami, Louisville, Virginia Tech and even FSU would get some votes. And after UNC's charade, surely they got a vote, right? And that Doeren is a jerk sometimes. Any votes?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
https://augustafreepress.com/2018-all-acc-football-team-announced/

Pressley led the league in punting by 1 yard and net punting by 2 yards. Not sure how else they measure anything for that position and why he got 2nd team.

We finished in 4th place in the entire conference and only had Parker Braun (1st team) and Pressley Harvin (2nd team) awarded. Thats a bunch of BS. Something like 110 players received awards.

Horrid teams like Florida State and North Carolina each had 4 guys awarded.

This is probably right. I'm sure both FSU and UNC had more talent than we did.

Deleted member 2897

No doubt. It's the reason UNC is looking for a new coach. FSU will be as well after next year if there is not significant improvement.

And Texas A&M dropped $70 million to get Jimbo Fisher since they were tired of 7-win and 8-win seasons.........and got another. I just looked, and Texas A&M's recruiting classes have averaged 12th in the country for the last decade. And Auburn with all their gloriously high ranked recruiting classes finished 10th in the SEC, tied with VANDERBILT. LOL.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Voters proving their ineptitude:

ACC POY
* Clemson DT Christian Wilkins - 14 votes
* Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell - 2 votes

ACC DPOY
* Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell - 28 votes
* Clemson DT Christian Wilkins - 20 votes

Deleted member 2897

Voters proving their ineptitude:

ACC POY
* Clemson DT Christian Wilkins - 14 votes
* Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell - 2 votes

ACC DPOY
* Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell - 28 votes
* Clemson DT Christian Wilkins - 20 votes

Yep, what a bunch of idiots. Just like picking the #1 punting guy on the 2nd team, and putting a kicker on 3rd team who had worse stats on a similar number of kicks as ours (48/54 vs 46/46). They're all a bunch of morons.