Alcorn State Postgame Discussion

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
@Augusta_Jacket , @OldJacketFan , @buzz_wiser© and @Boomergump I was great to see y'all again this year.

To those on the board that I may have talked to but don't know your handle here, a tip of the hat to you too.
Was good seeing you as well @awbuzz

Hopefully for Clemson we can have a night game so tailgating will be longer and allow us to meet and greet more folks.
Sorry @Supersizethatorder-mutt, I didn't make it to your location , but I assure you we will see you at the next one.

Great day none-the-less

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
In regards to the gold numbers, why was this never an issue when Joe Ham and Keith Brooking were playing? Why is it now difficult to see or was it back then as well?

These numbers are thinner, seem less outlined, and blend in with the white in the sunlight. You cannot see them at all from seat distance unless the player is still and squared up to you.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Oliver looked like he didn't want to pass. As soon as he took his drop his eyes went down and he scrambled.
I thought those were called QB draws. CPJ is notorious for putting in the subs and essentially telling them to not do ANYTHING that could result in a turnover. I seem to recall one game where he simply ran the QB keeper over and over and over to try to run out the clock....

Milwaukee

Banned
I thought those were called QB draws. CPJ is notorious for putting in the subs and essentially telling them to not do ANYTHING that could result in a turnover. I seem to recall one game where he simply ran the QB keeper over and over and over to try to run out the clock....

Some of them were definitely called draws.

Figure you weer one of the dozen or so folks standing on at the top row in the upper East. Tried to pick you out of the limited crowd, but wasn't sure which of the two groupings your were in. So most likely I did "see" you but could make pout that it was you. :)
I'm not on the top row, so you didn't see me there. But I am 4 down from the top, if you lowered your gaze any. ;)

I was hoping Graham would play. Oliver is an option QB only. If he is a passer at all, then call me confused with how PJ runs games with insurmountable leads. He rarely gives the guys who come in anything other than the most basic parts of the run game. Then once it gets too late he's out there with the entirely second/third string and you can't really expect to execute anything else.
No sense wasting Graham on a game like that, which we won easily. If he can help in a bigger game, then, and only then, would be the time to put him in. Remember, he only gets 4 games in which he can play without losing his redshirt.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
No sense wasting Graham on a game like that, which we won easily. If he can help in a bigger game, then, and only then, would be the time to put him in. Remember, he only gets 4 games in which he can play without losing his redshirt.

I understand that, but the point is you don't want his first ever game situation to be when you have to have it. In my opinion just getting him on the field a little would be useful, particularly if you think he may be next year's starter. The only thing I could argue is that alcorn competition level was so low that there was no benefit. However, I do believe there is a lot of difference between game action and practice.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

How will you know if he can help in bigger games if he never steps on the field before hand? If he is just so good he obviously can then we shouldn't be redshirting him because lord knows we could use that kind of talent. If he isn't, then it makes more sense getting him into low pressure games to get experience.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
How will you know if he can help in bigger games if he never steps on the field before hand? If he is just so good he obviously can then we shouldn't be redshirting him because lord knows we could use that kind of talent. If he isn't, then it makes more sense getting him into low pressure games to get experience.

Exactly, if you think he's good enough to play, then play him. If you think he's maybe good enough, play him. The only reason you don't is if you really don't think he's good enough or you're really confident you won't need him.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, if you think he's good enough to play, then play him. If you think he's maybe good enough, play him. The only reason you don't is if you really don't think he's good enough or you're really confident you won't need him.

If he can throw the ball, I think you have to play him. I’m not sure if it’s true, but someone on here led me to believe that Tobias is less of a pass threat than Taquon. I think we must have a QB who CAN throw the ball whether he does or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't know, and that's the gamble you have to take, unless you want to burn one of his four games. Although there are some things that TM obviously needs to work on, he is our starter, and TO did enough yesterday to prove he's a reliable second stringer. Unless we absolutely need a 3rd stringer, I would rather not see Graham burn those allowed games too early so we can have him for four complete years, starting next Fall

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If he can throw the ball, I think you have to play him. I’m not sure if it’s true, but someone on here led me to believe that Tobias is less of a pass threat than Taquon. I think we must have a QB who CAN throw the ball whether he does or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch this years spring game

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't get the "have him for 4 complete games, starting next fall" ?
He gets 4 games this year and still keeps a redshirt. Next year counts regardless unless I am missing something. ?

I don't get the "have him for 4 complete games, starting next fall" ?
He gets 4 games this year and still keeps a redshirt. Next year counts regardless unless I am missing something. ?
That is correct, but it's the choice of the four games that matters. Would putting him in a game that he's not needed provide on the field experience? Of course. But what if doing that meant that putting him in 3 more games would mean we couldn't put him in a game where we HAD to have him without burning the redshirt. Keep that redshirt for as long as possible, even if that means he never sees the field this year. which I think is unlikely.