Ahmaud Arbery murder case

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think they should fear it, but they should definitely be repulsed by it, just as I, a white man, was when I saw it.

But in the same instant as sane and intelligent person you realize the person is an abhorrent and an outlier among all classes. And that this isn’t 1950 in Mississippi.

Although I suppose it’s possible others from personal trauma are looking over their shoulders every minute expecting exactly this in their neighborhood Kroger or wherever....

I’ve literally not seen one person as this in real life in all my 50 yrs.

Exactly how many of these WMIKH have you personally experienced? Which excludes this type of one-off nutcase viral example?
I am 75 years old and grew up in Augusta, and I have never in all those years never seen one either, or even heard of any such people in the local news. I know there are plenty of KKK kooks out there and probably in Augusta, but I don't now and never have seen or known any. My dad owned a drug store when I was a kid, and he welcomed black customers as well as white ones, and I became friends with a couple of black kids he employed there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’ve literally not seen one person as this in real life in all my 50 yrs.

Exactly how many of these WMIKH have you personally experienced? Which excludes this type of one-off nutcase viral example?

I'm 42 and I've seen it twice in person.

It's very easy to downplay other people's feelings when you're not in the position to ever have them.

But in the same instant as sane and intelligent person you realize the person is an abhorrent and an outlier among all classes. And that this isn’t 1950 in Mississippi.

Although I suppose it’s possible others from personal trauma are looking over their shoulders every minute expecting exactly this in their neighborhood Kroger or wherever....
Can't deny that.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...ests-before-passing-on-arbery-shooting-death/

Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson recused herself because one of the men seen in the video of the fatal shooting pointing a gun at Arbery, Greg McMichael, is a retired investigator from her office. His son, Travis McMichael, is the alleged shooter.

Next, the case was assigned to Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill, who wrote, “The autopsy supports the initial opinion we gave you on February 24th, 2020 at the briefing room in the Glynn County Police Department after reviewing the evidence you had at that time. We do not see grounds for an arrest of any of the three parties.”

Arbery’s mother, Wanda Jones-Cooper, said she started researching Barnhill’s connection to the gunmen, “Once I learned that there was some relationships between the DA in Glynn County and Ware County. I did that just by going on the internet and looking on Facebook and finding that these people were actually friends. ... And then I found out his son was actually working at the DA there."

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm 42 and I've seen it twice in person.

It's very easy to downplay other people's feelings when you're not in the position to ever have them.

Brother, but you have to have sense and context in this.

It’s not for me to deny you. But you seem to be extrapolating — and I do hear you — the past as a contemporary norm. The evidence just isn’t there. We all know that there are deviants and evil people. It’s always been that way.

But this “klan” and “White people in hoods” thing is not the norm. Not today.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Brother, but you have to have sense and context in this.

It’s not for me to deny you. But you seem to be extrapolating — and I do hear you — the past as a contemporary norm. The evidence just isn’t there. We all know that there are deviants and evil people. It’s always been that way.

But this “klan” and “White people in hoods” thing is not the norm. Not today.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Read a couple pages back so you can understand that actual context of the klan topic.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no idea what you're talking about. Read a couple pages back so you can understand that actual context of the klan topic.

No. This isn’t about the Klan or the history of the Klan, which is already known.

This is about your specific comment

“Ok. Who are you saying that blacks fear?”
“White men in Klan hoods.
You need that explained?”

also,

kg01 said:
Now imagine your isolated experience happening to literally everyone in your race.

Which clearly suggests you think the Klan is a clear and present danger to you.

I am specifically asserting that it isn’t. And that you’re extrapolating a viral incident across a broad spectrum. So the context here is on you to clarify why it is that black men fear every day a crazy, one-off white guy in California in a hood?

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No. This isn’t about the Klan or the history of the Klan, which is already known.

This is about your specific comment

also,

kg01 said:
Now imagine your isolated experience happening to literally everyone in your race.

Which clearly suggests you think the Klan is a clear and present danger to you.

I am specifically asserting that it isn’t. And that you’re extrapolating a viral incident across a broad spectrum. So the context here is on you to clarify why it is that black men fear every day a crazy, one-off white guy in California in a hood?

You missed the beginning of the discussion. As I said, go back a few pages.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You missed the beginning of the discussion. As I said, go back a few pages.

Again, no. This is about your statements:

also,

kg01 said:
Now imagine your isolated experience happening to literally everyone in your race“

I nor anyone else should backtrack where you’re going with this. You’re broadstroking something .. just say what you mean on these your comments. That’s all it is and you’re the only one can help us understand your perspective.

Or, if you have a personal vendetta just say so.

You do realize that suggesting or asserting that there is systematic oppression and hate, e.g. whites on blacks as you might suggest, can’t be cavalierly tossed about, right? I realize it’s not uncommon in social media and even politics .. but it’s still wrong.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Again, no. This is about your statements:

also,

kg01 said:
Now imagine your isolated experience happening to literally everyone in your race“

I nor anyone else should backtrack where you’re going with this. You’re broadstroking something .. just say what you mean on these your comments. That’s all it is and you’re the only one can help us understand your perspective.

Or, if you have a personal vendetta just say so.

You do realize that suggesting or asserting that there is systematic oppression and hate, e.g. whites on blacks as you might suggest, can’t be cavalierly tossed about, right? I realize it’s not uncommon in social media and even politics .. but it’s still wrong.

I'm not doing your legwork for you. There's a reason the Klan was brought up. Look for yourself then you might understand my statements.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not doing your legwork for you. There's a reason the Klan was brought up. Look for yourself then you might understand my statements.

okay .. I understand. Somebody triggered you by a social forum comment. And for (if) that some bias and broadstroking has come out.

Just so you know, for the most of us it’s the underlying social irrational we fear.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
okay .. I understand. Somebody triggered you by a social forum comment. And for (if) that some bias and broadstroking has come out.

Just so you know, for the most of us it’s the underlying social irrational we fear.

No, you're trying to make a point and to do it you need to ignore the context of the conversation that was going on before you got involved.

I'll choose to no longer be a party to this little game you're playing because it's purposely misleading and beneath us.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No, you're trying to make a point and to do it you need to ignore the context of the conversation that was going on before you got involved.

I'll choose to no longer be a party to this little game you're playing because it's purposely misleading and beneath us.

And still you’ve yet to address why in 2020 you’re afraid of white guys in a hood or any of your verbatim comments. That’s the game you’re playing, friend. It’s fine to end this because you’re not serious. And that’s why this is Society In Shambles thread.

Last edited: