Adidas Swag watch 2018

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I'm probably not as wealthy as others on this board, but even if there were 20 pieces of apparel available tonight, I would wait until Fan Day when I could get it 25% off or use the Adidas discount after it's available on their site.

So this is an interesting perspective I have not really thought through. I suppose there is a line of thought that GT is looking to sell out stock, ignorant of margin, as opposed to a slower sell out of the original run and believes that waiting to launch when coupons go live helps.

I hope this isn’t the case, but would be interested in hearing from the group of people who may see merit in waiting for that approach.

I don’t have a retail background so can’t speak to specifics about brand launches but do think I have a fairly evolved understanding of business and sales/marketing in other industries and do not see that as being a worthwhile maneuver in the industries I’m more familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
So this is an interesting perspective I have not really thought through. I suppose there is a line of thought that GT is looking to sell out stock, ignorant of margin, as opposed to a slower sell out of the original run and believes that waiting to launch when coupons go live helps.

I hope this isn’t the case, but would be interested in hearing from the group of people who may see merit in waiting for that approach.

I don’t have a retail background so can’t speak to specifics about brand launches but do think I have a fairly evolved understanding of business and sales/marketing in other industries and do not see that as being a worthwhile maneuver in the industries I’m more familiar with.

I did ask my friend who works at GTAA about this the other day, and he said the retail launch is really between Adidas and the retailers. GTAA has approval of the design and some input on when a piece of apparel tied to a game (like whiteout) is released. Other than that, retailers are free to order and put on shelves at own pace (same as with all other apparel makers). GTAA encouraged retailers to buy plenty due to potential demand when they were placing orders months ago.

I noticed that Fanatics has a few 2018 items for Louisville (top adidas school), while none of them have been released on adidas.com.

https://www.adidas.com/us/louisville_cardinals

Presumably, Adidas would have access to the stock before anyone else, but they are holding it back for what they deem is the best timing.

Milwaukee

Banned
It's you who apparently doesn't know our colors. Tech's colors have ALWAYS been WHITE AND GOLD. Although randomly used in uniforms over the years, navy blue only became an official TERTIARY color in the 80s and, unnecessarily,
a SECONDARY color in the past 12 months. Secondary or tertiary colors mean to me highlight colors, definitely not substitute colors. "Up With the White and Gold," NOT "Up With the Blue and (fill in the blank)". Why the hell is it so hard for some people not to realize and accept that?

I was only kidding with you because I know how passionate you are about your gold. :)

But I kind of wasn't kidding at the same time; you need to realize our colors are Gold, Navy, and White. These are facts, not preferences. And my Grey comment I stand by as well. I like grey polos and hoodies every once in a while, and 95% of cfb teams produce a little grey gear with their normal primary logo on it because people like it.

The ironic thing though, in your yelling at the clouds, about what our colors are is that you ***** every other post (literally) about how you want black gear and black as a secondary. So half your posts I see you screaming "GOLD GOLD GOLD, NAVY SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS" but you follow it up with "BLACK BLACK BLACK SHOULD BE ONE OF OUR COLORS".

The moral of this story is that you prefer gold and possibly black over navy or anything else. That's it. And that's okay. Hell I prefer some of my women to be a little thick cause I like that style, they know how to throw it back, but then I turn around and hold it against some of them for reasons I haven't figured out yet. And that's okay. You prefer Gold, Black, and White. But that still doesn't mean they are our colors. The Georgia Institute of Technology's colors in 2018 are Gold, White, and Navy. The beauty is that you can wear your gold GT gear everywhere you go, that's your prerogative (did I spell that right?); I own quite a bit of Tech gold gear which I love and wear often. But I rock Navy Tech gear to a lot of the games and if any of you yahoos ever bitched out loud about it within earshot I'd filet you verbally in front of your entire section.

Go Jackets

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
No matter how passionately you complaine about it Blue is not going away, you need to just accept it, deal with it, and move on. Your endless b!tching about it is sucking all the joy out of the Addidas apparal threads.

trammell_68

Georgia Tech Fan

Welp, its been 10 days since they’ve said this.
upload_2018-7-16_5-20-41.gif

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
All the fuss about clothing/colors has my mind blown. Even the female poster(s) on the board thinks it’s hilarious. Maybe we should have a separate fashion board added? Never thought we had so many metros on the board...

I actually understand the fuss. This adidas contract and correct shade of gold saga has been hyped onto the Georgia Tech fan base for a while now. GT fans are searching for some morsel to rally around. Face it, Tech fans haven't had a lot to cheer about for while. Atlanta United is kicking GT's tail with available jerseys and gear. And go ahead and throw in the Falcons, Braves and dwags too. The few Tech fans we have are passionate and have shown they will rally around a cause. This gold and adidas stuff has been underwhelming for our fans.

I was only kidding with you because I know how passionate you are about your gold. :)

But I kind of wasn't kidding at the same time; you need to realize our colors are Gold, Navy, and White. These are facts, not preferences. And my Grey comment I stand by as well. I like grey polos and hoodies every once in a while, and 95% of cfb teams produce a little grey gear with their normal primary logo on it because people like it.

The ironic thing though, in your yelling at the clouds, about what our colors are is that you ***** every other post (literally) about how you want black gear and black as a secondary. So half your posts I see you screaming "GOLD GOLD GOLD, NAVY SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS" but you follow it up with "BLACK BLACK BLACK SHOULD BE ONE OF OUR COLORS".

The moral of this story is that you prefer gold and possibly black over navy or anything else. That's it. And that's okay. Hell I prefer some of my women to be a little thick cause I like that style, they know how to throw it back, but then I turn around and hold it against some of them for reasons I haven't figured out yet. And that's okay. You prefer Gold, Black, and White. But that still doesn't mean they are our colors. The Georgia Institute of Technology's colors in 2018 are Gold, White, and Navy. The beauty is that you can wear your gold GT gear everywhere you go, that's your prerogative (did I spell that right?); I own quite a bit of Tech gold gear which I love and we.ar often. But I rock Navy Tech gear to a lot of the games and if any of you yahoos ever bitched out loud about it within earshot I'd filet you verbally in front of your entire section.

Go Jackets
I know I'm fighting a losing battle here, but the fact remains that our PRIMARY colors are white and gold. They are not white and gold and blue, or white and gold and black, or any other three color combination. White and gold PERIOD. Blue was designated a SECONDARY color. That means, or should mean, it is used as trim, a totally secondary function; it is not meant, or should not be meant, to SUBSTITUTE for either of the primary colors. Yes, I personally prefer black to blue as a secondary color, but that decision has been made, and it is blue. Regardless, even if black had been chosen, I still would not like it to substitute in uniforms for white or gold.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Who wants to bet that when it is released, the ones complaining now will complain about the price?:whistle:

No idea about the other people posting here, but I’ve bought some of the existing items and plan to buy more. I got the two t shirts (even thought they’re pretty boring) plus the quarter zip long sleeve and CPJ special.

I suspect many of the people here are ready and willing to buy once we get the options available.