Adidas Swag watch 2018

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Still no gear to buy online. Tbh this was not handled well by GT at all

GT has nothing to do with it. Retailers order gear, Adidas ships it to retailer, retailer makes it available in stores/online. There is no GT in the equation. GT does not own Adidas, FedEx/UPS or any retailers. How could they have "handled" it differently?

I called the bookstore this morning, and they said they are still awaiting shipments.

I got a Fanatics email about 65% off end-of-season clearance, so it looks like they are clearing out inventory before releasing new items.

As near as I can tell, there is no new Adidas gear on sale for any of their schools, so GT gear falls within their normal production cycle (as you'd expect).

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
GT has nothing to do with it. Retailers order gear, Adidas ships it to retailer, retailer makes it available in stores/online. There is no GT in the equation. GT does not own Adidas, FedEx/UPS or any retailers. How could they have "handled" it differently?

I called the bookstore this morning, and they said they are still awaiting shipments.

I got a Fanatics email about 65% off end-of-season clearance, so it looks like they are clearing out inventory before releasing new items.

As near as I can tell, there is no new Adidas gear on sale for any of their schools, so GT gear falls within their normal production cycle (as you'd expect).
GT could've given gear to the athletes on july 1st and actaully have stuff for us to buy. Yes they did handle this poorly. Sadly i knew this would happen

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Easy, you don't announce with great fanfare a release date and then not have product available.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
GT could've given gear to the athletes on july 1st and actaully have stuff for us to buy. Yes they did handle this poorly. Sadly i knew this would happen

From this video on June 20, they are clearly wearing Adidas gear, so the athletes definitely already had stuff prior to July 1. They probably wanted to get more stuff on July 1, but I assume they'll get a ton of it soon (as indicated in AJC article the other day). I'm sure the coaches would tell them exactly when they will get stuff if they asked. None of that bothers me, it's just young people being young people.

I still don't understand how GT can make a multi-billion dollar company change their entire production process. GT definitely celebrated the switch to adidas on July 1 and is providing season tickets holders with a free shirt and a nice discount on gear on Fan Day. I'm not sure what difference getting something today versus next week makes to a grown person, but I have yet to see or read anything that promised gear on July 1.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
From this video on June 20, they are clearly wearing Adidas gear, so the athletes definitely already had stuff prior to July 1. They probably wanted to get more stuff on July 1, but I assume they'll get a ton of it soon (as indicated in AJC article the other day). I'm sure the coaches would tell them exactly when they will get stuff if they asked. None of that bothers me, it's just young people being young people.

I still don't understand how GT can make a multi-billion dollar company change their entire production process. GT definitely celebrated the switch to adidas on July 1 and is providing season tickets holders with a free shirt and a nice discount on gear on Fan Day. I'm not sure what difference getting something today versus next week makes to a grown person, but I have yet to see or read anything that promised gear on July 1.

We've been receiving hundreds of boxes for weeks now

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
That's for the teams (which clearly have gear based on MBB photos and FB videos), not retail. To be clear, GTAA does not sell any gear to fans.
I know but they still didnt get any unique gear to the players. Several of them posted about it on twitter

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I know but they still didnt get any unique gear to the players. Several of them posted about it on twitter

Nobody's acknowledging you or your whining until you change your name to Navy1 like you're supposed to.

Seriously though, I think @TechCubed is close to right. I also think, if they tried, GT could've done a better job in terms of not allowing it to appear that everything would be available right away. That wasn't feasible, based on the logistics TechCu spelled out (and more).

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Nobody's acknowledging you or your whining until you change your name to Navy1 like you're supposed to.

Seriously though, I think @TechCubed is close to right. I also think, if they tried, GT could've done a better job in terms of not allowing it to appear that everything would be available right away. That wasn't feasible, based on the logistics TechCu spelled out (and more).
(And more)

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
(And more)

Color me confused. They literally said on July 1 that apparel won't be available right away:

Sunday’s official launch will be celebrated on Georgia Tech athletics’ official website (ramblinwreck.com) and social media channels (@GTAthletics on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). Georgia Tech’s official 2018-19 adidas apparel will be shipped to retailers beginning on Monday and will be available in stores and online by mid-July. A limited run of Georgia Tech/adidas apparel that was unveiled earlier this spring is still available online at ramblinwreck.com.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/genrel/062918aac.html

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Color me confused. They literally said on July 1 that apparel won't be available right away:

Sunday’s official launch will be celebrated on Georgia Tech athletics’ official website (ramblinwreck.com) and social media channels (@GTAthletics on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). Georgia Tech’s official 2018-19 adidas apparel will be shipped to retailers beginning on Monday and will be available in stores and online by mid-July. A limited run of Georgia Tech/adidas apparel that was unveiled earlier this spring is still available online at ramblinwreck.com.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/genrel/062918aac.html
Yes i know they said that. Im saying its ridiculous that they didn't have anythimg at least for the players on July 1st

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Yes i know they said that. Im saying its ridiculous that they didn't have anythimg at least for the players on July 1st

So they clearly got stuff before July 1. And they will get more stuff soon (per AJC article). But the issue is that they didn't get anything on July 1? Not sure how that rises to "ridiculous" in the grand scheme of things. Were they promised something July 1 and didn't get it? That doesn't sound like the case. Seems like it was actually a bonus to get stuff prior to July 1.

Everyone has a right to be offended, I guess.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So they clearly got stuff before July 1. And they will get more stuff soon (per AJC article). But the issue is that they didn't get anything on July 1? Not sure how that rises to "ridiculous" in the grand scheme of things. Were they promised something July 1 and didn't get it? That doesn't sound like the case. Seems like it was actually a bonus to get stuff prior to July 1.

Everyone has a right to be offended, I guess.
So they got stuff prior to July 1st and still didnt get the players any special gear. Numerous players said stuff on twitter about it. The fact they got gear before july 1st makes it even worse

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So I really just started the thread to have a central place for us to post cool swag photos from the players and discuss when stuff is available to the General Public.

I also think Adidas could have done some sort of branding announcement welcoming us into the fold on 7/1. I understand the world cup is a major deal, but that they are advertising UW joining their stable NEXT year seems strange when they're silent on our joining. Maybe they have a splash planned for when gear becomes available, here's to hoping as it should help our brand.

I also think the bookstore should have thrown up a countdown to when they were going to go live with sales for the product. I do not believe it should be that difficult to coordinate the production timing, shipping logistics and availability information. Regardless, I hope we start seeing cool stuff soon, that people show up and buy lots of swag and we get this chapter started right!

Branding matters and this is a good next step in our evolution.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
So they got stuff prior to July 1st and still didnt get the players any special gear. Numerous players said stuff on twitter about it. The fact they got gear before july 1st makes it even worse

You are misreading this. The ATHLETES got stuff prior to July 1 (as seen in videos and photos). A couple posted they didn't get anything on July 1. How is that an issue? The athletes are clearly about to get more stuff.

Here's another video of guys wearing adidas gear, so there's no question that it is being given to them.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You are misreading this. The ATHLETES got stuff prior to July 1 (as seen in videos and photos). A couple posted they didn't get anything on July 1. How is that an issue? The athletes are clearly about to get more stuff.

Here's another video of guys wearing adidas gear, so there's no question that it is being given to them.

So you're gonna tell the players that they're wrong? I think they would know better than you what they received

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
So you're gonna tell the players that they're wrong? I think they would know better than you what they received
They are right that they didn't get anything July 1, but you are wrong to say they haven't gotten anything at all. There's clear evidence of them wearing Adidas. A few of them posted, and then deleted. Were they promised stuff on July 1? Don't seem to be the case based on the AJC article, but maybe that wasn't communicated to them. Still not sure what has triggered your anger about this seemingly insignificant issue.