Adidas Swag watch 2018

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I need one of those white pullovers that CGC had on yesterday at the presser and the women's bball game. The bookstore site doesn't have one as far as I can tell. Anybody have a link from an online store?

It’s the basketball warmup but they have the short sleeves version

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Any chance you have a link? I can’t find it. Maybe we’ve already bought them all up!

I guess they were all bought up, because they are no longer listed.

Anything, pretty much, released in gold gets gone very fast in the most common sizes. That is why I will continue to say, "why would a company not want to make $$? Adidas could have sold a LOT more merchandise if they had produced more.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I guess they were all bought up, because they are no longer listed.

Anything, pretty much, released in gold gets gone very fast in the most common sizes. That is why I will continue to say, "why would a company not want to make $$? Adidas could have sold a LOT more merchandise if they had produced more.

Fans were starving for new merchandise with a premium on gold. Adidas chose to answer that demand with high prices rather than volume. They don’t “get” Tech yet. We be frugal.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Fans were starving for new merchandise with a premium on gold. Adidas chose to answer that demand with high prices rather than volume. They don’t “get” Tech yet. We be frugal.

Interesting take. I have found Adidas' pricing to be not only competitive with Nike and Under Armour, but in many cases more reasonable for similar products.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I do think they are priced $10-$15 more than I would like to pay for most of their items, and have been disappointed with the quality on a few items (white short sleeve hoodie seams came undone after first wash along the bottom) but overall pleased with the fabrics and design of most stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think all of it over priced. But I'm cheap. More than 20 for a tshirt is nuts to me. I only buy the tech gear when its 30-50% off. To me that's what it's worth. I don't like companies to screw me, just get back what I think they deserve lol.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agree with you guys on the prices - especially with the minimal offerings in various colors, in particular gold.

For example, the gold hat was showing regular price of $24, but on sale was $18. To me, it should have been priced at $18 to begin with, and the sale price of about $12-14 would be its actual worth. On the thin 1/4 zip gold pullover that everyone likes, it was retail for $75 (by the way, no pockets and no embroidery), and it felt like about a $40 item to me.

With that said, if they can get it, then of course, that is the worth.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I think all of it over priced. But I'm cheap. More than 20 for a tshirt is nuts to me. I only buy the tech gear when its 30-50% off. To me that's what it's worth. I don't like companies to screw me, just get back what I think they deserve lol.

I very seldom pay retail for anything other than shoes, but there is ALWAYS a sale or promo code on items. I got the 1/4 zip from Dicks for $30 most of the shirts around $20 or below. The AppyDay 25% off B&N code is still active as well

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I very seldom pay retail for anything other than shoes, but there is ALWAYS a sale or promo code on items. I got the 1/4 zip from Dicks for $30 most of the shirts around $20 or below. The AppyDay 25% off B&N code is still active as well

Same here, Ibee.

I got the 1/4 zip at ****'s when they had it for just over $30, but why did they not have any gold ones? I got the gold one earlier using the appyday code, but still too high, even with code. Again, us old engineers can be very prudent about spending. :)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Same here, Ibee.

I got the 1/4 zip at ****'s when they had it for just over $30, but why did they not have any gold ones? I got the gold one earlier using the appyday code, but still too high, even with code. Again, us old engineers are cheapo. :)

I’m not sure The selection from Dicks was meh this year. Hopefully, next year they get the full collection

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Where did you get the appycode? Is this an app?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

I realize that this is an adidas post, but I found this video about Oregon and it's Nike kingdom very interesting.
Gt can design similar things and implement them as well..
We are Gt, we can do this!

I realize that this is an adidas post, but I found this video about Oregon and it's Nike kingdom very interesting.
Gt can design similar things and implement them as well..
We are Gt, we can do this!

Thank God our primary colors don't include that putrid lime green, but at least they more or less stick with their primary colors. However, wth was up with that neon pink stuff? Impressive overall setup though, with the locker room and players' lounge, etc..

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Thank God our primary colors don't include that putrid lime green, but at least they more or less stick with their primary colors. However, wth was up with that neon pink stuff? Impressive overall setup though, with the locker room and players' lounge, etc..
I was definitely more intrigued with the entire set up. I'd love to be part of a project like this, should GT every venture into it.
The AV and automation part especially would be right in my well house :)