ACC Tournament

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We are really burning the candle at both ends. We need to get at least 1 run on the board in the 11th or I think we're pushing our luck.
You did not get your wish. 13 straight retired for the jackets. Here's to hoping we can hold their 8,9, and 1 batters.

Deleted member 2897

You did not get your wish. 13 straight retired for the jackets. Here's to hoping we can hold their 8,9, and 1 batters.

Yup, 3 up 3 down against us...for more than 4 straight innings. We're not doing anything on offense.

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Cabezas is having an incredible game. 16 straight retired for the Jackets. On to bottom 12 with their 2, 3, 4 coming up. Not feeling good about this one.

Deleted member 2897

Cabezas is having an incredible game. 16 straight retired for the Jackets. On to bottom 12 with their 2, 3, 4 coming up. Not feeling good about this one.

Yea that really is incredible pitching and incredible impotence on offense. Not a single hit, walk, nothing for over 5 straight innings. We're not just burning the candle at the edges, but in the middle too.

When you're the lower seeded team, this is your dream scenario - getting out to a 4-1 lead, even extra innings. You want every shot you can get. But it is depressing that on the offensive side we're literally doing nothing. You can't win if you don't score (you can quote me on that innovative theory).

Deleted member 2897

Fear & Trembling... stretching Ryan to limit, I think.

Yup. When this is over whoever loses will know they were given about 27 chances to win that they did not take advantage of. You can't ask for any better bracket as the #10 seed this year and an opportunity to move on. We've been given everything and more that we could have ever hoped for.

Deleted member 2897

Sucks to lose like that when you give up a 2 out, 2 strike grand slam when a walk and wild pitch had put people on the bases unnecessarily. But on the bright side, we've ruined the entire day for the tournament. They're now over an hour behind already.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yup. When this is over whoever loses will know they were given about 27 chances to win that they did not take advantage of. You can't ask for any better bracket as the #10 seed this year and an opportunity to move on. We've been given everything and more that we could have ever hoped for.

...and we did with it what we have done all year in baseball. Tomorrow will be a merciful ending. (and, btw, it was a walk that scored the winning run against us)

Deleted member 2897

Leaving the bases loaded at least twice that I counted came back to haunt us big time. What a majorly squandered opportunity.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Now that the season is over, I would like to see Gooden or Hughes get the start tomorrow or at least get a couple of innings out of the pen.

Deleted member 2897

Didn't see it, listened,but u gotta credit the Miami closer. Lights out. Wake owes us.

I do find it interesting that the higher seeded team (Wake) has to play the next highest seeded team on no rest compared to a day off for Miami. I would have thought that they'd open with the easiest game (Georgia Tech) and then get a day off before playing Miami. But that would only make sense if you're scheduling games to give the highest seeded team the best chance for winning instead of the middle seed.