ACC Tournament

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is a useless tidbit. Buuuuuut...The only worse than a useless tidbit is no tidbit at all.

Aaaarrrggghhhhh. While this isn't false, it isn't relevant as you point out.

........ For those wondering about 1-1 records for all 3 teams in pool play, it's my understanding the top seed in the pool wins the pool. In other words, if we beat Miami... Wake only needs to beat us to get to semis. The 8 teams that are not LOU, UNC, WF, UVA must win 2 during pool play to advance to Sat.

Thanks for the clarification on tie breaker. I don't think there will be many brackets that go to this, but we'll find out. This is the way it should be since the regular season record should count for a lot in advancing to the semi-finals.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I happened to catch CDH teleconference streamed via theACC.com the AM. Very short... some highlights... no particular order:

These are CDH's comments in response to media questions.
1) Injuries - Never seen anything like it. Are allowed to dress 27 for games (same # your allowed to distribute 11.5 scholarships across). We're leaving 9 scholarship players in ATL. 8 of those out for year. (interesting wording since many think ...not CDH, I guess.. this would be the end of the season). (y)
2) Game 1 - Both teams (Miami & TECH) are equally desperate. Tech must win tournament (starts with must-win v Miami) to get into NCAA tournament. Miami on bubble ... cannot afford loss to Ga Tech.
3) Tournament format - When coaches voted on the change, the main reason was to give more teams (12 vice 10) an opportunity to make the NCAA tournament. (He would not really give his opinion on whether the specifics of this format were to his liking or not. He acknowledged that for Tech (this week) it's simple....gotta win the tournament. For the top 4 teams if they are in meaningless games, he imagines coaches adjusting rotations to save the better pitchers for Sat & Sun).
4) Confirmed Lee gets Miami & Curry gets Wake.

Deleted member 2897

Looks like Coach Danny Hall left a bunch of players in Atlanta. But he did remember to bring his balls:

eMWIyvt.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Yup, a walk, a hit batter and a 2 out grand slam and we're down again 5-4. Its what we've done to ourselves all year long - giving the other team tons of free base runners and not closing out innings.

Deleted member 2897

Very nice outing by Datoc. 70ish pitches. Ryan needs to do his job.

[Claps for Datoc] That's a big day.

I still can't believe where we are in this game. A home run off a glove and bounce off the wall for a home run for run 1. Then a walk, hit batter, and grand slam with 2 outs to get to 5 runs. And that's it. That's all they have all day. This was a golden opportunity to win game 1, to then face off tomorrow against Wake Forest for a beautiful chance to move into the next round.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
[Claps for Datoc] That's a big day.

I still can't believe where we are in this game. A home run off a glove and bounce off the wall for a home run for run 1. Then a walk, hit batter, and grand slam with 2 outs to get to 5 runs. And that's it. That's all they have all day. This was a golden opportunity to win game 1, to then face off tomorrow against Wake Forest for a beautiful chance to move into the next round.
For more salt in wound...The grand slam came with 2 strikes to a guy who had hit but 1HR this year. Baseball is brutal.

Deleted member 2897

For more salt in wound...The grand slam came with 2 strikes to a guy who had hit but 1HR this year. Baseball is brutal.

Aaaaaand, we go down in order. We either lose or have to go to extra innings. Can't believe that's where we are right now.

Aaaaaand we start the 9th with giving up a leadoff walk.