ACC Standings

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
My cat Pepper did just last week with admittedly mixed results. She had him for a moment but he broke the tackle and scampered up a tree and engaged in some pretty nifty taunting with his tail going up and down while he was looking down at a frustrated Pepper. I told Pepper she needs to wrap up.
Tell "Pepper" it's OK. Coach Dodd still loves him.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tell "Pepper" it's OK. Coach Dodd still loves him.
Not THAT Pepper. I think Coach Dodd in reading between the lines in his biography was more enamored of Pepper the coach than Pepper the player. Pepper had a way of getting on everyone's nerves as a player. Before an Orange Bowl game against Kansas, Pepper was missing field goals right and left in practice. A visibly upset Coach Dodd was haranguing him to do better. Says Pepper "Coach, how many people are in the stands now? When tomorrow comes and its full I won't miss." Damn if he did not kick the game winning field goal with seconds to play.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A rematch with Louisville at the end of the season would actually be really cool, and I typically don't like rematches.
I don't care who they play against, I just want a chance at that silverware. The ACC Championship is the grail piece eluding my Georgia Tech football fandom (started in 2011 so I missed 2009). So close a couple of times when I was a student.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Reminder that we are FSU and Duke losses away (they play each other) from controlling our own destiny and getting that rematch with Louisville in Charlotte. One game at a time.
Well if FSU loses they have one loss. I’m not sure how the tiebreakers would fall in that scenario, as common opponents are the first and second factors. Have you run this out yet?

Maybe we could start by winning two games in a row

slugboy

Staff member
This weekend:
  • Syracuse at FSU
  • Wake at VT
  • Louisville at Pitt
  • Miami at UNC
  • NCST at Duke
Miami plays UNC this week, then hosts Clemson next week. We will see if Miami rights their ship