ACC Standings

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Back to the thread topic, Louisville at 3-0 in conference/5-0 overall still stands alone at the top of the ACC. Their game tonight over NC State had more bad QB decisions between both teams than I’ve seen in a long time. Regardless, I will be shocked if they aren’t ranked this weekend.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Back to the thread topic, Louisville at 3-0 in conference/5-0 overall still stands alone at the top of the ACC. Their game tonight over NC State had more bad QB decisions between both teams than I’ve seen in a long time. Regardless, I will be shocked if they aren’t ranked this weekend.
Tough game that felt like nobody deserved to win. But, to have a good season, you have to win a game like that and Louisville is having a good season.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
How many times can Louisville come back like they did against us and NCSU? You are so on point on that neither QB played well. Armstrong has been a disappointment for them so far. I thought he would do well there. Too many INT's.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Plummer looked terrible. Both qbs did
While both QB's looked terrible both teams were getting pressure on the QB's. Amazing what happens when you are able to knock a QB off his spot. Make him uncomfortable and the mistakes and dumb decisions happen. That's why we need to continue to blitz if we can't get there with 4. Personally I would rather get beat for a long TD because I was trying to make something happen then give the QB all day to nickel and dime us all the way to the end zone. For me it's akin to a pitching walking batter after batter. Just painful to watch.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
If I am reading that correctly, one of those teams could be ranked #1 in the country and still be the odd man out of the ACC Championship game if the aggregate winning % of their ACC opponents is lower than that of the other two teams they are tied with.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If I am reading that correctly, one of those teams could be ranked #1 in the country and still be the odd man out of the ACC Championship game if the aggregate winning % of their ACC opponents is lower than that of the other two teams they are tied with.
That would basically guarantee 2 ACC teams in playoff. Not happening (3 unbeatens) ... but fun thought.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So... Louisville, UNC, & FSU can ALL finish the regular season 12-0. What if? Won't happen... buuuuut what if? :)
If that happened, then there would be two undefeated teams going into the post-season because only two of them can play in the ACCCG. How would they determine which 2 got to play for the ACC championship? Would that mean we get 2 into the playoff?

Edit: I see both my point and my question have been previously addressed!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t see the ACC getting 2 teams in even if it’s 2 teams undefeated playing in the ACC championship. For some reason the ACC doesn’t get any respect. Personally I believe it’s the third best conference behind the big 10 but the ACC teams do step up and beat the SEC in the NC game something the big 10 struggles with. Michigan and Ohio St laid an egg last year in the playoffs especially Michigan……Y’all ready to go 3-2 and get a winning season started?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t see the ACC getting 2 teams in even if it’s 2 teams undefeated playing in the ACC championship. For some reason the ACC doesn’t get any respect. Personally I believe it’s the third best conference behind the big 10 but the ACC teams do step up and beat the SEC in the NC game something the big 10 struggles with. Michigan and Ohio St laid an egg last year in the playoffs especially Michigan……Y’all ready to go 3-2 and get a winning season started?
Picking nits about the whole conference strenghth thing as it relates to playoffs. Measuring the strength of a conference is mostly subjective. When it comes to playoffs... it shouldn't matter the conference the teams in the discussion happen to be affiliated with. It's only 1 or 2 teams per conference in the discussion by season's end. If they've managed to get to the conference championship game with 1 or fewer losses (and perhaps win it), they're resume will justify their entry into playoff regardless which conference they're part of.

Specific to the playoffs... there are lots of conspiracy theorist out there about bias toward certain conferences but when only 4 teams get in... those conspiracies can't be supported because 4 deserving teams get in. We may not like that another deserving team is left out but there's only room for 4... for now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CBS 133

ACC Teams in the CBS133
#5 FSU (no change)
#14 UNC (up 4)
#15 Miami (up 2)
#17 Duke (down 4)
#23 L'ville (up 5)
#30 Clemson (up 2)
#39 Syracuse (down 8)