ACC Network Updates

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

From that article: "You’d think they’d ultimately agree to a deal, but perhaps we’re at the breaking point where ESPN finds themselves no longer immortal as the cable universe continues to unravel."

ESPN has demanded that all subscribers have the ESPN channels whether they want sports or not. Estimates are that the ESPN suite now costs between $15-$18 per subscriber. AT&T is seriously considering getting out of the TV distribution business altogether. I think it would be bad for DirectTV to lose sports. That is one of the big draws of DirecTV (Sunday Ticket, many sports bars use DirecTV, etc) However, I'm not sure AT&T is concerned about that.

Just like I said with Comcast, these are two businesses whose business models are on their last leg. They are both fighting to remain relevant. (And AT&T doesn't really seem to care)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I routinely stream two games simultaneously on YouTubeTV using DSL without buffering. Fiber is much better than DSL, right? Honest question as I’ve never had fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get 100MG up and down on fiber

He post the YouTube link here but the copyright claim is from the ACCN on YouTube. So the video is taken off YouTube and the link won’t work here.

Edit: He just uploaded to YouTube again and linked in the other thread. It could still get copyright claimed as well.
I would think that he could simply save it on his computer and then upload that file to this site.

slugboy

Staff member
Same rules would apply. If ESPN claims copyright and sends a notice a website is required by law to remove it.

Yep. Disputed content has to be taken down “expeditiously” on notice. Just notice, not proof. Can put it back up when you prove it’s not a copyright violation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notice_and_take_down

I know the NFL puts up a copyright notice on broadcast. Not sure about the NCAA or ACC or ACCN

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
ESPN is the villain here, not the cable company.

Meh, I see them both as villains. Both push content onto people who may not want it. ESPN/Disney is trying to push it more with their new content, but even without this there's still channels I pay for from the cable company that I never watch and don't want to watch. Disney just owns the most expensive channels.

Plus all the cable companies +Disney keep filing lawsuits to block any kind of a la carte TV, so them being against my choice is still pretty evil.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Disputed content has to be taken down “expeditiously” on notice. Just notice, not proof. Can put it back up when you prove it’s not a copyright violation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notice_and_take_down

I know the NFL puts up a copyright notice on broadcast. Not sure about the NCAA or ACC or ACCN

I see this as the ACCN being new and trying to limit the viewing options until they have all the major carriers signed on.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that BobintheATL (thanks for all you did) is shut down do I have an option for a replay at this point? And am I the only guy who’s wife wants to keep Comcast:mad: ?

No, I’m still on Comcast as we just signed up a couple months at discounted rates.

I used PSVue free trial week one
YouTube free trial last week plus this week

Only time I watch espn is when my team is on or it’s a big championship type game and have no choice .
There ncaa football production is almost as bad as their soccer game production. Can’t stand when AUFC games are on espn but football not as bad.

Watch a game on abc/espn then change to CBS sec game or FOX game and there is a big difference.
I think espn brings storylines to the games and never gets off that line, where others let the game make the storyline.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Got a couple questions for you guys who cut the cord on Xfinity cable tv but kept the Xfinity internet. I currently have Xfinity cable, Xfinity Extreme 300 internet, and Youtube tv which I signed on to just before the Clemson game.

How much are you paying all in each month for internet service only with modem rental?

Do you ever run over the 1 terabyte data limit that Xfinity allows each month for the base price?

Did you notice any drop off in internet speed when you cancelled your Xfinity tv? Really worried about sour grapes when I tell them what they can do with their cable tv.
My son has Xfinity cable and internet. He took trial for You Tube TV to watch the Clemson game. We were watching pregame stuff fine until about 20 minutes before kickoff and internet speed dropped so low we had to go to a bar to watch the game. That didn't surprise me at all knowing how these low life cable providers operate.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

My son has Xfinity cable and internet. He took trial for You Tube TV to watch the Clemson game. We were watching pregame stuff fine until about 20 minutes before kickoff and internet speed dropped so low we had to go to a bar to watch the game. That didn't surprise me at all knowing how these low life cable providers operate.

Had he dropped the cable service? Also what internet package did he have? Thanks.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

I know most of you guys are in GA so don't know what your options are but we have Northstate fiber and have no problem streaming whatever we choose. We've used most of the streaming services at one time or another and keep changing depending on cost, channels, etc. Right now we have Youtube TV as well as Fubo (mainly for a few things my wife watches). But the beauty is you can drop and add as often as you like as things change. My advice is pay for the best internet/wifi you can and don't get too attached to anything else.