ACC Network Updates

GTFLETCH

Banned
Still waiting on Xfinity...

Many ACC games are still available on broadcast and cable channels without the new network. However, in support of our customers, Comcast will not carry the ACC Network until we reach an agreement at a fair and reasonable cost.
Comcast deal with Disney is not up until 2022.... So they may budge around Basketball season, but they could also play the long game...We will see...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Hey Floridians! Got a question. I’m going to Marco Island mid November. VT weekend. Does anyone know of any bars I can watch the game at on the island? Staying at JW Marriott. I’ve tried asking the resort but haven’t got an answer about them carrying the ACC Network. I think it’s sage to assume that ones gonna be a nooner.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Distributor................subscribers*

DirectTV...................18.7M
Charter/Spectrum....15.8M
Dish Network............9.6M
Verizon/FiOS............5.7M
Altice.........................4.6M
Cox............................4.5M
ATT Uverse.............. 3.7M
Sling TV....................2.4M
Hulu TV....................2.0M
DirectTV Now...........1.5M
YouTube TV..............1.0M
PlayStation Vue........0.8M

TOTAL SIGNED......70.34M

Typically sports conferences get around 80% of the potential market(can run the numbers at 57M)... so it appears the ACC will make some money this year with or without Comcast!

link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/its-official-accn-is-on-at-u-verse.html

Last edited:

Hokie Mark

Georgia Tech Fan
Distributor................subscribers*

DirectTV...................18.7M
Charter/Spectrum....15.8M
Dish Network............9.6M
Verizon/FiOS............5.7M
Altice.........................4.6M
Cox............................4.5M
ATT Uverse.............. 3.7M
Sling TV....................2.4M
Hulu TV....................2.0M
DirectTV Now...........1.5M
YouTube TV..............1.0M
PlayStation Vue........0.8M

TOTAL SIGNED......70.34M

Typically sports conferences get around 80% of the potential market(can run the numbers at 57M)... so it appears the ACC will make some money this year with or without Comcast!

link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/its-official-accn-is-on-at-u-verse.html

Fletch, I'm looking at $8.78M per school for THIS year, going up to $10.5M next year. Of course, I don't know what their actual costs to operate the ACCN are, so the net profit may be lower than I think... but the point is, this thing is massively successful already!

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/10/updated-accn-revenue-projection-10119.html

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I believe it ends up being roughly the same. SECN gets a little more per subscriber, but ACCN likely ends up with more total subs.
Thanks -
Checking wiki SEC network went live in 09 and did name change in 14.
Looks like we are 10 years and lots of dollars behind.

When AD Rad left in 13 we had huge debt but revenuse didn't increase under mbob.
At clemson - ADRad spent big money andxrevenuse went up big time. Now clemson and gt both get ACC netweork dollars.
We can more easily pay our interest only debt and they pay for better staff.
For last 2 years Wwe have been being slaughtered by SEC uga and Clemson. No reason to expect it to change until donations and ticket sales increase dramatically.
Oh well.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
If those numbers are true, that is a home run. I was thinking it would be 2-3 mil in year one, moving to 5 in year 2

GTFLETCH

Banned
Both Techs lose this week (GT to UNC, VT to Miami). The following week GT has Duke, but VT has Rhode Island (FCS). The Hokies are bad, but still able to beat FCS (smile), so the answer is Virginia Tech.
Battle of the Techs is the next game I am looking fwd to... I am dreading the UNC game... Coaching has been awful.....But the SA seem to be playing hard so hopefully we pick up a few more wins...

If we get 8M to 10M per school we are killing it!!!! And to think all the ACCN haters said we wouldn't make any $$$

Animal02

Banned
Battle of the Techs is the next game I am looking fwd to... I am dreading the UNC game... Coaching has been awful.....But the SA seem to be playing hard so hopefully we pick up a few more wins...

If we get 8M to 10M per school we are killing it!!!! And to think all the ACCN haters said we wouldn't make any $$$
Before you get too excited....from the link.....Here's an updated distribution table for potential subscribers (typically I think sports conferences get around 80% of the potential market):

There is a whole lot of ambiguity there. And then there is their production and marketing costs.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm with Dish. They are in a months long pricing war with the Fox Sports network. Will there be an internet broadcast of the Duke game?