ACC Network Updates

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My son has Xfinity cable and internet. He took trial for You Tube TV to watch the Clemson game. We were watching pregame stuff fine until about 20 minutes before kickoff and internet speed dropped so low we had to go to a bar to watch the game. That didn't surprise me at all knowing how these low life cable providers operate.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

For watching games on Sling here in southern Va on Cox, I've found that if I watch it on a TV (4K 60") that I needed to hard wire to the router. Got rid of buffering.

For Kindle / Phone / laptop, wireless was fine. I really like the certainty of ACCN that I'll be able to see this week's game.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
For watching games on Sling here in southern Va on Cox, I've found that if I watch it on a TV (4K 60") that I needed to hard wire to the router. Got rid of buffering.

For Kindle / Phone / laptop, wireless was fine. I really like the certainty of ACCN that I'll be able to see this week's game.
That's a good thought, thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
AT&T Response to Customers:
What’s going on with The Walt Disney Co.- We’re disappointed to see The Walt Disney Co. put their viewers in the middle of negotiations by threatening to take away ESPN and other sports and entertainment channels, along with their ABC stations in eight cities. We’re on the side of consumer choice and value, and we’re working to keep Disney channels in your TV lineup. Thanks for your patience as we work through this.

Here’s what you can do in the meantime:

Football season has begun, and many games will be broadcast on TV channels NOT impacted by these negotiations. Use these links to find out which channels are carrying upcoming games:
College football schedule >
Professional football schedule >

Get details about any other negotiations impacting your TV service with our ZIP Code search tool

To our AT&T TV NOW and U-verse TV customers
Our rights to provide the NFL Network in your TV lineup expired in April. We’re sorry for any inconvenience. The NFL Network and RED ZONE CHANNEL® remain available to all fans on DIRECTV.* However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry their channels on AT&T TV NOW and U-verse TV. *NFL Network included in CHOICE™ package and above. RED ZONE CHANNEL included with subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX.

Link
https://tvpromise.att.com/#zLookup

GTFLETCH

Banned
Take a look at what carriage disputes are costing AT&T. It's stunning , ACCN is only a small part of it. Tough negotiating positions may be putting them out of business. I am sure this will get resolved very soon. I also bet Comcast is feeling it.

Carriage disputes are causing more than 12,000 lost subscribers a day for AT&T. Ouch.
Link
https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/att...s-nexstar-drive-customers-away-in-droves.html

Animal02

Banned
Take a look at what carriage disputes are costing AT&T. It's stunning , ACCN is only a small part of it. Tough negotiating positions may be putting them out of business. I am sure this will get resolved very soon. I also bet Comcast is feeling it.

Carriage disputes are causing more than 12,000 lost subscribers a day for AT&T. Ouch.
Link
https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/att...s-nexstar-drive-customers-away-in-droves.html
ATT is trying to push customers from U to Direct.
Much of this is about the NFL
Comcast is a different situation.

slugboy

Staff member
ATT is trying to push customers from U to Direct.
Much of this is about the NFL
Comcast is a different situation.

I’ve been looking around because Comcast’s internet hasn’t been impressing me lately. AT&T fiber is supposed to be about as good, but with no data cap.

But, on the TV side of things, most of what I’ve read and seen is that the UVerse offering isn’t as good as DirectTV. AT&T would like to get rid of it for a couple of reasons, but streaming is hurting their TV service on both ends, and it’s losing them money. If they’re going to cut investments on one of them, it’s UVerse, and they’ve already cut there.

AFAIK, they don’t get to reuse their negotiated deals between DirectTV and UVerse. They’re going to lose economies of scale that they’d get with a single negotiation.

The weird thing is that the last time this happened with independent ISPs, the market went the other way, where the companies who supplied the physical network infrastructure won.

AT&T might end up being the cord-cutter network. They’re getting hammered by investors on their subscriber losses and the TV delivery part of their business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
I’ve been looking around because Comcast’s internet hasn’t been impressing me lately. AT&T fiber is supposed to be about as good, but with no data cap.

But, on the TV side of things, most of what I’ve read and seen is that the UVerse offering isn’t as good as DirectTV. AT&T would like to get rid of it for a couple of reasons, but streaming is hurting their TV service on both ends, and it’s losing them money. If they’re going to cut investments on one of them, it’s UVerse, and they’ve already cut there.

AFAIK, they don’t get to reuse their negotiated deals between DirectTV and UVerse. They’re going to lose economies of scale that they’d get with a single negotiation.

The weird thing is that the last time this happened with independent ISPs, the market went the other way, where the companies who supplied the physical network infrastructure won.

AT&T might end up being the cord-cutter network. They’re getting hammered by investors on their subscriber losses and the TV delivery part of their business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Had WOW before moving....now stuck with Comcast....the only alternative is Dish, but I have it down because of bad weather

stech81

Helluva Engineer

GTFLETCH

Banned
With 6 national & 60+ local providers, ACCN is available nationwide.

While Comcast remains out, the early returns on subscriber numbers are overwhelmingly positive. Coburn said that the ACC Network is in over 40 million households -- well over the launch numbers for the SEC Network and other conference networks -- and that new deals with AT&T U-Verse and DIRECTV seem imminent. .....By every measure that (the ACC and ESPN) had in place, we're past where they thought we'd be at this time in terms of subscriptions!

Link
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...u-florida-state-football-nc-state/2372959001/

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Nice to see auburn at kentucky is the accn midnight game. Makes sense. Incase u are wondering if espn is complicit in influencing and creating a conference narrative.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

slugboy

Staff member
If you don’t have DirectTV or UVerse, you would need to add the ATT Now (streaming) or Hulu Live or YouTube Streaming or some service that carries it.
Internet service is mostly transportation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk