ACC Network Updates

GTFLETCH

Banned
If/When Comcast picks it up will it be a national channel like SEC network or just regional? I’ll pay extra to get it here in Michigan if it’s an option.
national like SEC network.. Also AT&T Uverse is texting customers they will carry ACCN

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
ATT Uverse just texted me they would be carrying the ACCN on August 22nd
Literally just got off the phone with them and they said they didn’t have an answer. Should’ve checked here first.

Now they need to get NFL Network back up and running (apparently they’re currently in negotiations with the channel).

GTFLETCH

Banned
I'm wondering if Commish will update at the upcoming ACC FB Media Days event. They often like to save some "good news" for his state of the ACC address thing there. We'll see... For Example....Comcast-Xfinity announcement would be a huge boost!! Along with the new College bowl Tie in

GTFLETCH

Banned
KEY POINTS
  • Disney and Charter are currently negotiating a new carriage renewal deal, which has a deadline in early August.
  • Talks that used to revolve around how much programming fees should rise now also revolve around how the introduction of direct-to-consumer services impact the value of linear networks.
  • Charter and Disney are talking about what type of flexibility Disney will have with taking certain events from ESPN and also placing them on ESPN+.
Charter wants guarantees that what they pay for will be exclusive to cable and will not be offered direct to the consumer through ESPN+. In their eyes, offering ESPN or SECN or ACCN for $5.95 undermines their cable bundle - and they are apparently demanding guarantees in the contract that won't happen.

Obviously, this affects the ACC Network since Charter is in negotiations for it right now. Two things going in the ACC's favor:

The Disney-Charter negotiations probably won’t get too contentious because more than any other programmer, Disney wants to protect the pay-TV ecosystem and it’s also possible cable operators that also offer broadband internet might not care enough about their traditional video business to even care that much about TV carriage fees. Instead, they may just accept the higher fees and pass the costs to consumers’ cable bills. If customers cancel because of the higher price, then so be it. Since broadband has a higher gross margin than video, for every customer that cuts the cord on TV but keeps buying home internet, margins rise.

Bottom Line:
Charter will try to negotiate the lowest carriage fees they can get, but even if Charter/Spectrum becomes too expensive, they may not care as long as customers still subscribe for internet service (and if they get their TV through Vue or Sling or whatever - why should they care?)

Link
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/12/dis...fect-price-of-cable-in-the-streaming-era.html

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/07/charter-and-disney-in-negotiations-now.html

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know if YouTube TV is planning on carrying ACC Network? I did email them about a month ago and they said there were no plans at the time to have ACC Network as part of their package.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone know if YouTube TV is planning on carrying ACC Network? I did email them about a month ago and they said there were no plans at the time to have ACC Network as part of their package.
Somebody on another forum said YTTV was confirmed to be adding it, but they didn't provide a link or anything.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
KEY POINTS
  • Disney and Charter are currently negotiating a new carriage renewal deal, which has a deadline in early August.
  • Talks that used to revolve around how much programming fees should rise now also revolve around how the introduction of direct-to-consumer services impact the value of linear networks.
  • Charter and Disney are talking about what type of flexibility Disney will have with taking certain events from ESPN and also placing them on ESPN+.
Charter wants guarantees that what they pay for will be exclusive to cable and will not be offered direct to the consumer through ESPN+. In their eyes, offering ESPN or SECN or ACCN for $5.95 undermines their cable bundle - and they are apparently demanding guarantees in the contract that won't happen.

Obviously, this affects the ACC Network since Charter is in negotiations for it right now. Two things going in the ACC's favor:

The Disney-Charter negotiations probably won’t get too contentious because more than any other programmer, Disney wants to protect the pay-TV ecosystem and it’s also possible cable operators that also offer broadband internet might not care enough about their traditional video business to even care that much about TV carriage fees. Instead, they may just accept the higher fees and pass the costs to consumers’ cable bills. If customers cancel because of the higher price, then so be it. Since broadband has a higher gross margin than video, for every customer that cuts the cord on TV but keeps buying home internet, margins rise.

Bottom Line:
Charter will try to negotiate the lowest carriage fees they can get, but even if Charter/Spectrum becomes too expensive, they may not care as long as customers still subscribe for internet service (and if they get their TV through Vue or Sling or whatever - why should they care?)

Link
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/12/dis...fect-price-of-cable-in-the-streaming-era.html

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/07/charter-and-disney-in-negotiations-now.html
Charter may not care, but their customers might if they can't record streamed games---if in fact they can't.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I go to all of our home football games, but rely on television for the away games. I've never had one of those dish thingys in my yard. Are they reliable? I'm tired of waiting for my current cable provider to make up its mind. I'm going with Direct TV and be done with it.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I go to all of our home football games, but rely on television for the away games. I've never had one of those dish thingys in my yard. Are they reliable? I'm tired of waiting for my current cable provider to make up its mind. I'm going with Direct TV and be done with it.
As long as it isn't raining. I had DirecTV and hated it. Seemed like it was always out because of rain. It even goes out twice each year due to "the position of the sun" or some garbage excuse.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone have a direct number to Mediacom? I spent an hour trying to get to someone who could record my request. Mediacom purposely hides from their customers. Worst company of all time.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have a direct number to Mediacom? I spent an hour trying to get to someone who could record my request. Mediacom purposely hides from their customers. Worst company of all time.
They are do that, I have AT&T and if I have a problem all you get is a recording telling me how to fix it, for $250 per month I don't want to fix their problem send someone out to fix it.