ACC Network Updates

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I actually knew Charlie well, worked with him and his team for a few years as a consultant. He is a pretty good dude, we haven't stayed in touch but will reach out to see if I can learn more.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Done
Could I, just as a random example, fill out the form everyday until kickoff?

I think you could do that if you clear your cookies and browser history before filling out the form. Otherwise, their system may recognize your computer because of a cookie installed during a previous visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you could do that if you clear your cookies and browser history before filling out the form. Otherwise, their system may recognize your computer because of a cookie installed during a previous visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or just use the Chrome incognito browser. That is how I tricked the monthly limit of free AJC articles they used to limit you on (although I am pretty sure they caught on and just changed the whole structure).

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't forget to keep on this if you care about it. I really hope the add the ACC Network, otherwise I'll have to change providers.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for tip. Don’t think my cable provider (Grande Communications, a Texas outfit) is receptive to my request to add ACC Network. May have to cut the cord now that Game Of Thrones is over.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Or you can switch to Hulu: 45 bucks a month and you can watch on two screens...unlike youtube if you want to watch live tv on more than two screens at a time you must pay an additional fee of 5 bucks... so it would cost 50 a month

Sports Channels in base Price...There are extra fees for HBO and stuff...

ACC Network August 2019
Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
ESPN
ESPN Bases Loaded
ESPN Goal Line
ESPN2
ESPNews
ESPN College Extra
ESPNU
FS1
FS2
Golf Channel
NBCSN
Olympic Channel
SEC Network
TBS ( March madness)
TNT (March madness/NBA Playoffs)
truTV ( March madness)
Sinclair/Fox Sports South (RSN)
Sinclair/Fox Sports Southeast (RSN)

Link on Hulu from APRIL 27, 2018
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/hu...202790336/

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I communicated with Comcast TV support last week - they mentioned that the ACC channel would go LIVE on 8/22 if you have the preferred or premier? tv package. Been trying to find official publication of this but have not been able to. I'm located in ATL if that matters..

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I communicated with Comcast TV support last week - they mentioned that the ACC channel would go LIVE on 8/22 if you have the preferred or premier? tv package. Been trying to find official publication of this but have not been able to. I'm located in ATL if that matters..
I was told by them that they would only have it via streaming (Xfinity Live Stream) and not via the xfinity tv service. This was a couple of weeks ago, and I did see an article from a Pittsburgh newspaper that stated negotiations between the ACC and Comcast were still ongoing

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It costs $50/month plus whatever premium channels you add. They have a very good selection of channels in the basic $50 package, but no ACCN commitment yet. Haven't seen anything yet that indicates whether it is likely they will add it or not. Most Samsung & LG smart TV's can load an app that will allow you to watch without adding any type of external device. I am using a Roku for the internet connection on the one TV that is not a SMART TV. Think this is where you can go to get all the details-
https://tv.youtube.com/ We really like it, and it has at least the channel lineup that we had on a ATT Uverse package that was costing $120/month. One thing to watch out for though, is make sure that your local channels are available. They are in most larger metro areas now, but probably not in the smaller markets.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Done, although I'm on Hulu. YTTV's interface is definitely better, but I like Hulu just fine. The move saved us almost $200/month from Comcast (with all their equipment fees and such.) That's a lot of beer.