ACC Network Updates

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Just got a reply back from our provider, Pineland TV, that they will be carrying the ACCN!! This is in the Vidalia-Metter area which is deep in dawg country. I'm so happy I could cry. Maybe I'll take the rest of today off and frolic through the sprinklers chanting A-C-C!

41 Days and 9 hours until Toe Meets Leather in the biggest upset ever!
I will celebrate for you so you don't need to take a day off and I'll go get a 12 pack of Bud Light ( I'm on a diet ) ( i'm retired and don't need to take the day off) Of course it would be nice if you want to pay me back for the beer. ( Would you need the receipt ? )

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I will celebrate for you so you don't need to take a day off and I'll go get a 12 pack of Bud Light ( I on a diet ) ( i'm retired and don't need to take the day off) Of course it would be nice if you want to pay me back for the beer. ( Would you need the receipt ? )
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure they did. I see where Swofford is asking fans to "demand" our providers carry the ACC network. I wish he or somebody would tell us whom to contact for the various providers so we can demand it. The person I spoke to at WOW yesterday was simply (not denigrating her) a service person. She said she would pass along what I said. I want to know whom to contact directly.
I found if you don't pay your bill they will contract you. :) just here to help.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Just got a reply back from our provider, Pineland TV, that they will be carrying the ACCN!! This is in the Vidalia-Metter area which is deep in dawg country. I'm so happy I could cry. Maybe I'll take the rest of today off and frolic through the sprinklers chanting A-C-C!

41 Days and 9 hours until Toe Meets Leather in the biggest upset ever!

Everything is better in Metter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
Disney Media Distribution has reached an agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) that will give its members the ability to carry ESPN’s upcoming ACC Network at launch on August 22, 2019. The deal will allow fans and followers of the Atlantic Coast Conference to access the multiplatform network across the NCTC’s footprint. As part of a larger agreement, the NCTC also extended its carriage of the FX and National Geographic networks.

Link
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/07/nctc-acc-fx-natgeo/

So what type of members? (750 small and mid-sized independent cable and broadband operators across the U.S. that serve about 15 million consumers in over 3,000 communities, mainly in rural areas)

So why does this matter:

1. Atlantic Broadband- is the ninth-largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company provides its residential and business customers with internet, TV and phone serivces in 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.

2. Armstrong - Who provides high-speed Internet, television and telephone service to residential and commercial customers in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, West Virginia, Maryland and Kentucky.

3. EPB - Serves an area that includes greater Chattanooga and Hamilton County, portions of surrounding Southeastern Tennessee counties and areas of north Georgia.

For a full list of the 750 independent cable and broadband operators that will carry the ACC Network please click below

https://www.nctconline.org/index.php/about-nctc/our-members

GTFLETCH

Banned
According to David Glenn of the Athletic, the ACC Network is on track, reporting this week that current distribution deals will provide the channel for about 20 million subscribers through deals with Altice. DirecTV, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Verizon. (15M with new NCTC deal so we are at 35M)

Meanwhile, Charter, Comcast and and Dish haven’t yet signed on — a trio representing 47 million subscribers.

According to Glenn’s sources, he said, the expectation is that the ACC Network will have between 30-50 million subscribers at launch.

Link
https://www.greensboro.com/sports/c...cle_8c4a5a5e-a8d7-11e9-96ff-2b4e04baa392.html

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Not getting picked up by Dish, Cox, and Comcast is a deathwish. They should have everything leveled out by the time the season rolls around, but they are just itching for money and the networks will use that leverage now while they have it but lose it once football season comes around

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Not getting picked up by Dish, Cox, and Comcast is a deathwish. They should have everything leveled out by the time the season rolls around, but they are just itching for money and the networks will use that leverage now while they have it but lose it once football season comes around

Deathwish for which party? If several large providers don't sign up, I could see them losing sports customers. However, they could run ads saying that they are keeping prices down by not loading up on sports stations and potentially stealing customers from DirecTV especially. ("Hey look DirecTV raised your rates this year so they could sign up to give sports fans a new station. We are trying to keep prices low") If only Dish doesn't get the channel, it might not work as well. However, if half all subscribers don't get it, ESPN will be hurting more than the cable/sat companies.

Deathwish for which party? If several large providers don't sign up, I could see them losing sports customers. However, they could run ads saying that they are keeping prices down by not loading up on sports stations and potentially stealing customers from DirecTV especially. ("Hey look DirecTV raised your rates this year so they could sign up to give sports fans a new station. We are trying to keep prices low") If only Dish doesn't get the channel, it might not work as well. However, if half all subscribers don't get it, ESPN will be hurting more than the cable/sat companies.
I'm still hoping for WOW to pick it up. I think if Comcast does, then WOW will also

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
deathwish for the network. If their financial teams end up seeing that the lost revenue isnt worth the package deal, they will just not include it. People will definitely leave, but again, that will be a researched decision. There is a reason the ACC was the last network to get a package deal and it has a bit to do with its small footprint and fanbases for football relatively speaking.
Like i said, the networks have the leverage right now, as the ACC is losing more money from looking like an idiot for not having the deal inked
Once Late August rolls around, the phone calls will pick up to the networks and the ACC gets some of that leverage back. I believe a deal will be inked, but its all politics for now and the networks have all the negotiating power for a few more weeks

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
deathwish for the network. If their financial teams end up seeing that the lost revenue isnt worth the package deal, they will just not include it. People will definitely leave, but again, that will be a researched decision. There is a reason the ACC was the last network to get a package deal and it has a bit to do with its small footprint and fanbases for football relatively speaking.
Like i said, the networks have the leverage right now, as the ACC is losing more money from looking like an idiot for not having the deal inked
Once Late August rolls around, the phone calls will pick up to the networks and the ACC gets some of that leverage back. I believe a deal will be inked, but its all politics for now and the networks have all the negotiating power for a few more weeks

I am pretty sure that all of the cable/sat companies are not happy about being pushed around by ESPN for the last 20 or more years. If they see a chance to fight back, I believe they will.(Especially Dish) At some point they will decide that they have had enough. Hopefully for the ACC, this isn't that time.