ACC Network Updates

I FINALLY spoke to an actual person at WOW with some measure of knowledge about the ACC Network. Although it is not currently on their lineup of channels, he indicated that, based on the number of customers "demanding" (his words) coverage, it is at least being looked at. He told me to call back at the end of next week if I haven't heard anything. I would imagine that Comcast is similarly inundated with calls and will also "cave" soon. I told the WOW rep that Comcast was on the verge of finalizing the deal; he doesn't know whether that's correct or not, but I figured it might provide an additional incentive for them, as well as my promise to switch to Comcast if that happens and to DirectTV if it doesn't.

Animal02

Banned
I FINALLY spoke to an actual person at WOW with some measure of knowledge about the ACC Network. Although it is not currently on their lineup of channels, he indicated that, based on the number of customers "demanding" (his words) coverage, it is at least being looked at. He told me to call back at the end of next week if I haven't heard anything. I would imagine that Comcast is similarly inundated with calls and will also "cave" soon. I told the WOW rep that Comcast was on the verge of finalizing the deal; he doesn't know whether that's correct or not, but I figured it might provide an additional incentive for them, as well as my promise to switch to Comcast if that happens and to DirectTV if it doesn't.
Having had WOW in the past and now being stuck with Comcast.....I would take WOW any day.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Be glad you don't have AT&T u verse

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hey, I've been trying since May to get an answer from WOW, and this was the first real person I have spoken to who knew anything, and I have not received any responses to my emails.
Must have been the only live person that worked for AT&T u verse cause they don't have one now. All they have is the machine that will say to better help you please tell me what you need. after a few days I told the machine where they could put the phone. It said it did understand and to hold on a representative would be with me but after an hour I got tied of waiting.

slugboy

Staff member
Having a problem with Spectrum getting ACCN working. Is any hardware other than wifi needed for youtube tv?

I read that Spectrum has it, but if you’re legacy Time Warner Cable, you have to migrate to a Spectrum plan to get it.

YouTube TV can work with an app on your cable box , if Spectrum does that. Otherwise Roku, Google Chrome stick, or Amazon Fire stick work wireless or sometimes with wires

On to more general stuff
I also saw this last week: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...l-virginia-clemson-miami/stories/201908190014

Short version- some cable companies took a year to adopt the PAC12 network. When this goes to the wire, the wire may be well after Thursday

The Augusta Paper has a harsh take for all involved, harshest for Comcast: https://augustafreepress.com/acc-network-update-still-not-available-for-comcast-customers/amp/

If some of the links have been posted, sorry but I’m traveling and just using my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must have been the only live person that worked for AT&T u verse cause they don't have one now. All they have is the machine that will say to better help you please tell me what you need. after a few days I told the machine where they could put the phone. It said it did understand and to hold on a representative would be with me but after an hour I got tied of waiting.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I read that Spectrum has it, but if you’re legacy Time Warner Cable, you have to migrate to a Spectrum plan to get it.

YouTube TV can work with an app on your cable box , if Spectrum does that. Otherwise Roku, Google Chrome stick, or Amazon Fire stick work wireless or sometimes with wires

On to more general stuff
I also saw this last week: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...l-virginia-clemson-miami/stories/201908190014

Short version- some cable companies took a year to adopt the PAC12 network. When this goes to the wire, the wire may be well after Thursday

The Augusta Paper has a harsh take for all involved, harshest for Comcast: https://augustafreepress.com/acc-network-update-still-not-available-for-comcast-customers/amp/

If some of the links have been posted, sorry but I’m traveling and just using my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is not THE Augusta newspaper, but I had not seen that, so thanks for posting it. I threatened WOW with canceling my subscription, so if neither they nor Comcast come through by our off week after Citadel, I told WOW I would be switching to Direct TV.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
COX is not carrying it which has forced me to get YouTube TV for an extra $50/month

The thing that sucks about it... COX internet sucks COX so it will buffer all game

GTFLETCH

Banned
Update on Disney & DISH (sling TV also) ACCN is tied to these negotiations

Disney has started advising Dish subscribers of a looming contract deadline with FX and National Geographic, which could go dark on the satellite TV provider. The two companies previously had negotiated past a contract deadline in July, citing progress in the talks as the signals remained active on the satellite system. The current deadline is 9 PM PT on Tuesday.

Dish chairman Charlie Ergen has expressed pessimism in his recent remarks, though that would fit a pattern where he has previously said other programmers would be permanently unplugged, only to have a deal materialize.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/disney...-and-national-geographic-blackout-1202705486/

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
DirecTV charging me $15/mo for their sports package. The first 3 months are free, but my time with DirecTV is coming to an end.

/

I hope to bring mine to an end as well, but until I can get NFL Sunday Ticket elsewhere....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Tell ATTs damn union where to stick it. They purposely misled me to believe a service call would be made by their customer sac people just before the same customer sac people went on strike Friday afternoon. They pulled a Pearl Harbor style walk-out on management, and no, mgt can not do the work.

Deleted member 2897

Comcast is not close. I know multiple people who just shut it off. Comcast told them sorry to see them go, but they understand. If there were any chance of carrying it, they would certainly be telling people to hang on.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok here is what I need. AT&T u verse ain't going to have the game so I'll need someone to do the play by play on the swarm chat tomorrow. Now odds are I could be a little drunk so I'll need that person to type slow because I can't read fast when I have been drinking.