ACC Network Updates

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I read that Spectrum has it, but if you’re legacy Time Warner Cable, you have to migrate to a Spectrum plan to get it.

YouTube TV can work with an app on your cable box , if Spectrum does that. Otherwise Roku, Google Chrome stick, or Amazon Fire stick work wireless or sometimes with wires

On to more general stuff
I also saw this last week: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...l-virginia-clemson-miami/stories/201908190014

Short version- some cable companies took a year to adopt the PAC12 network. When this goes to the wire, the wire may be well after Thursday

The Augusta Paper has a harsh take for all involved, harshest for Comcast: https://augustafreepress.com/acc-network-update-still-not-available-for-comcast-customers/amp/

If some of the links have been posted, sorry but I’m traveling and just using my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I was a TW customer and called the phone number to activate. They changed me over to spectrum
I read that Spectrum has it, but if you’re legacy Time Warner Cable, you have to migrate to a Spectrum plan to get it.

YouTube TV can work with an app on your cable box , if Spectrum does that. Otherwise Roku, Google Chrome stick, or Amazon Fire stick work wireless or sometimes with wires

On to more general stuff
I also saw this last week: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...l-virginia-clemson-miami/stories/201908190014

Short version- some cable companies took a year to adopt the PAC12 network. When this goes to the wire, the wire may be well after Thursday

The Augusta Paper has a harsh take for all involved, harshest for Comcast: https://augustafreepress.com/acc-network-update-still-not-available-for-comcast-customers/amp/

If some of the links have been posted, sorry but I’m traveling and just using my phone

Had to change to a spectrum plan. Then had to go get a new cable modem. Another call to spectrum got it working. Then found some channels not included ie the Golf Channel. Had to add that package. Now the ACCN has cost me another 10/month. I can't let my wife see the cable bill!

Ok here is what I need. AT&T u verse ain't going to have the game so I'll need someone to do the play by play on the swarm chat tomorrow. Now odds are I could be a little drunk so I'll need that person to type slow because I can't read fast when I have been drinking.
Hopefully, you can listen to the actual play-by-play online at https://tunein.com/radio/Georgia-Tech-Football-s230311/ or on your phone with the tunin app.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I can't let my wife see the cable bill!
You need to do like me and sit her down and tell her who the boss is in your house. ( hold on my wife said something) (yes dear I'm going to cut the grass like you said for me to do. )
Just lay the law down with her. ( hold on again) ( yes dear I would love to go to the Mall with you and watch you spend my money ) look if you need help telling her what to say maybe you should ask someone else , I have to cut the grass and go to the Mall.

Deleted member 2897

You need to do like me and sit her down and tell her who the boss is in your house. ( hold on my wife said something) (yes dear I'm going to cut the grass like you said for me to do. )
Just lay the law down with her. ( hold on again) ( yes dear I would love to go to the Mall with you and watch you spend my money ) look if you need help telling her what to say maybe you should ask someone else , I have to cut the grass and go to the Mall.

Yea, we're BIG MEN!

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone watching on Hulu? Just signed up for the free account for 30 days to catch the game. Other ESPN networks are working but I get and error code for the ACC network.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone watching on Hulu? Just signed up for the free account for 30 days to catch the game. Other ESPN networks are working but I get and error code for the ACC network.

Works for me. Sometimes i get errors when the actual app itself on roku or firestick needs updating. Check that

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Works for me. Sometimes i get errors when the actual app itself on roku or firestick needs updating. Check that
Have tried it on my phone and their webpage and get the same error.

Maybe it's due to me being outside of the home zip I entered on the sign-up? Will see what happens tonight at the house. Not sure why other live TV would work from here though and only the ACC network be affected.

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you resigned to not watching tomorrow, can you help me understand your opposition to signing up for free 7 or 30 day trials on Hulu, etc.? Multiple people have shared this as an option. You do not need to switch your current cable provider to sign up for a free trial.

If you don't do this, you have no one to blame but yourself.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
For those of you resigned to not watching tomorrow, can you help me understand your opposition to signing up for free 7 or 30 day trials on Hulu, etc.? Multiple people have shared this as an option. You do not need to switch your current cable provider to sign up for a free trial.

I'll introduce you to my wife .

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer

I am planning on doing that, streaming through my phone and then, mirroring it to my appleTV. I have a 2nd gen appleTV so I am hoping it doesn’t have an issue. I have this evening and Tom to figure it all out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For the new cord cutters, one item of caution in advance... Even when I had 50 mbps wifi in my house, I had a lot of buffering/skipping. This is really frustrating if you haven't experienced it before. My issue largely had to do with where I had my wifi router rather than the speed.

It wasn't until I moved the router, and ultimately connected direct via ethernet to Roku, that I moved past the issues. There are other ways around it besides moving the router e.g., amplifier, extenders, repeaters, etc. I now have faster internet speed anyway, but wanted to put it out there to those who haven't tested for more than a few minutes during live programming.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I think the 30 day trial is for their ondemand not live streaming option. Were you able to get any live tv with the 30 day trial?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
For the new cord cutters, one item of caution in advance... Even when I had 50 mbps wifi in my house, I had a lot of buffering/skipping. This is really frustrating if you haven't experienced it before. My issue largely had to do with where I had my wifi router rather than the speed.

It wasn't until I moved the router, and ultimately connected direct via ethernet to Roku, that I moved past the issues. There are other ways around it besides moving the router e.g., amplifier, extenders, repeaters, etc. I now have faster internet speed anyway, but wanted to put it out there to those who haven't tested for more than a few minutes during live programming.

Yeah the Ethernet cable hard link is definitely the best option if your internet speed isn’t able to handle the degradation of WiFi.

Deleted member 2897

Fiber baby! It’s great for throughput, whether you’re talking about data/video or your colon.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

Yep, I did the same last night, I'm thinking I might pay the $44 monthly charge after the free trial so I can watch the USF game as well.
Not sure how this will eventually pan out, but the ACC (Swofford) might have shot themselves in the foot on this one.
I went to three Sports Bars out here in Boise that had DirectTV, but said they were not planning on paying the additional fee to pick up the ACCN ... it amazes me that Swofford did not do his homework on this !

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I did the same last night, I'm thinking I might pay the $44 monthly charge after the free trial so I can watch the USF game as well.
Not sure how this will eventually pan out, but the ACC (Swofford) might have shot themselves in the foot on this one.
I went to three Sports Bars out here in Boise that had DirectTV, but said they were not planning on paying the additional fee to pick up the ACCN ... it amazes me that Swofford did not do his homework on this !

How is a carrier not picking up a station negotiated by espn the acc or accn fault?

The secn had the exact same issues early on with who carries it.

Its a simple equation. Does the carrier want to pay the additional cost espn levies on it or not for the channel. Its that simple. Some say yes. Some say no. Some say yes and charge the consumer more.

The acc has a deal with espn. Not individual carriers across the nation. Espn then sells it to carriers to cover their cost and profit with ads after paying the acc out

This is the second post blaming swofford and accn i have seen and i am scratching my head. Maybe i missed something.