ACC Network Updates

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Email blast from TStan today

Jacket Fans,

As many of you know, the ACC Network officially launches in less than one week – Thursday, Aug. 22.

The launch of the ACC Network is a momentous occasion in the long and storied history of our conference. And, of course, Georgia Tech has the honor of being a part of the very first football game to ever be televised on the ACC Network, when our Yellow Jackets face longtime rival and defending national champion Clemson on ACCN on Thursday, Aug. 29.

In addition to the highly anticipated football opener versus Clemson, Georgia Tech will be featured prominently throughout the first weeks of ACCN programming. Football head coach Geoff Collins will be on the network’s official launch show on Aug. 22 and the very first episode of ACCN’s morning show, Packer and Durham (co-hosted by GT Sports Hall of Famer Wes Durham), on Aug. 26. An all-access show chronicling the early days of Georgia Tech football’s 2019 fall camp will air exclusively on ACCN in the days leading up to the opener against Clemson. And not only will the Yellow Jackets’ football season opener versus Clemson be televised exclusively on the ACC Network, but the Sept. 7 home opener against South Florida will also be shown exclusively on ACCN.

However, to see ANY ACC Network programming, your cable/satellite/digital provider MUST carry ACCN. If your provider does not carry the network, you cannot watch ACCN programming, either on your TV or online via WatchESPN or the ESPN app.

Many providers are already committed to carrying ACCN, including DIRECTV, Hulu, PlayStation Vue, YouTubeTV and Charter/Spectrum (for a full list of providers in your area, visit getaccn.com).

However, there are still providers that haven’t committed to carrying the network yet, including Comcast/Xfinity, Dish Network and AT&T U-Verse.

If your provider is not yet committed to carrying the ACC Network, I encourage you to:
1) Call, email and/or reach out to them via social media and demand ACCN right away.
2) Consider switching to a provider that is already committed to carrying ACCN. DIRECTV, Hulu, PlayStation Vue and YouTubeTV are all available NATIONALLY – anyone in any area of the United States has these four options to consider if your current local cable/digital provider is not committed to carrying ACCN.

Georgia Tech, the ACC and ESPN remain confident that the success of the ACC Network will eventually ensure its availability on all providers. But we need your help in making your voice heard to providers that are not already committed to carrying ACCN. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to watch all of the great Georgia Tech programming that will be available from the moment the ACC Network launches on Thursday, Aug. 22.

Thank you and Go Jackets!

Together We Swarm,

pXGMfhBVfhN0xkPSdoO5Ash9pbSVhBknTLUepfHbiUQzEEecgj0U6xPW3K_oc1wVra_gG6PFzaanjixt87ObcI2Vru_MrEbof-cqDgkULePGMfItRJ06PnEPOirgwaRMgy5AYhQ5SJjqLbZLayw=s0-d-e1-ft

Todd Stansbury, Director of Athletics

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He's been relentlessly vocal on Twitter, Toddcast and other mediums for a while now. As in, he's probably publicly plead for fans to engage in this process weekly over the past couple of months. I haven't paid a ton of attention to all of the GTAA emails, so maybe he's sent one before, I don't know.

I think TStan understands of all the levers he can pull in expanding the GTAA budget, this ACCN is arguably the most impactful. And the amount of effort it takes to push this (email, Twitter, etc.) is minimal as compared to traditional fundraising, expense mgmt, etc.

Milwaukee

Banned
The Packer and Durham show is gonna be my lifeblood. They were guests on Lebatard Show this morning to push the new show. 3hours daily M-F. Can't wait. From what I've heard, they didn't mention it today, but the ACC built them their own home studio in Wes's basement I believe. Gonna be awesome.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have hulu tv. Its the same sports lineup as well those are the two best for sports.

I just changed from Hulu to YouTube TV. YouTubeTV also has tennis channel which Hulu does not carry. Also, on YouTube TV you can fast-forward through all commercials. On Hulu TV they penalize you for trying to forward through commercials.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I just got an email form my provider, and for those who live in the Vidalia-Metter-Statesboro area, Pineland cable has it on channel 448, just after $EC, $EC2 and $EC3.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Let me try to get this straight. Right now I have DirecTv with a DVR receiver and a non DVR receiver, and internet. I can watch recordings on my non DVR receiver also. This is costing me ~$160/mo. And I have a Roku, and I have 3 TV's I like to watch. If I cut the cord and just buy internet, can I buy 2 more Roku's and watch You Tube TV (or Hulu if I choose it) with my present Amazon account on all 3 TV's?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Let me try to get this straight. Right now I have DirecTv with a DVR receiver and a non DVR receiver, and internet. I can watch recordings on my non DVR receiver also. This is costing me ~$160/mo. And I have a Roku, and I have 3 TV's I like to watch. If I cut the cord and just buy internet, can I buy 2 more Roku's and watch You Tube TV (or Hulu if I choose it) with my present Amazon account on all 3 TV's?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

YES. You will need to have good internet (probably at least 30 or greater), but yes, it is my understanding that what you are asking will work fine. I use my Amazon prime on many, many devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Ipad, Samsung TV, etc.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The Packer and Durham show is gonna be my lifeblood. They were guests on Lebatard Show this morning to push the new show. 3hours daily M-F. Can't wait. From what I've heard, they didn't mention it today, but the ACC built them their own home studio in Wes's basement I believe. Gonna be awesome.
It is actually Packer's basement.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If a broadcast is live, you can't fast forward. Is YouTube TV not live?

Yes YouTubeTV does broadcast live. I know you can't fast forward during live broadcast. But in my experience with most previously recorded sport broadcasts I haven't been able to fast forward through them. On YouTube you can fast forward through commercials as long as you do not catch up with live action.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes YouTubeTV does broadcast live. I know you can't fast forward during live broadcast. But in my experience with most previously recorded sport broadcasts I haven't been able to fast forward through them. On YouTube you can fast forward through commercials as long as you do not catch up with live action.

Well, apparently I have lied to everyone and myself. It looks like you cannot actually fast forward through commercials on YouTubeTV. Apparently sometime you can and sometime you can't.