ACC Network Updates

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Spectrum/Charter picking up the ACC network is huge. Them and Comcast have the biggest foot print and I don't see Comcast holding out with their main competition carrying the network

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, that sucks. I wonder how they were even able to get a response from anyone at WOW. I've trying to no avail for 4 months.

Did you try communicating to them on Twitter or Facebook, SS? These groups seem to answer their social media questions, but you are right, it is very hard to get them on the phone, or at least the person you need.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Awful Announcing: A new Charter-Disney carriage deal will include the ACC Network
Glenn’s July report said that ACCN had 20 million-plus estimated subscribers at that point, and that it was expected to be in the 30-50 million subscriber range by launch. If this deal does come with the majority of Charter households, the network has now cleared the low end of that, and if they’re closer to the 36 million mark, that would put them at almost double the eight-year-old Pac-12 Networks (19 million as per Glenn’s piece). That’s still a ways behind the estimates for SEC Network (59 million) and Big Ten Network (55 million), but it seems quite good for a new network’s launch, especially in a 2019 environment that’s seeing lots of pushback towards specialty sports channels.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Well AT&T do something

Who did I miss?

upload_2019-8-15_7-32-59.png

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Spectrum/Charter picking up the ACC network is huge. Them and Comcast have the biggest foot print and I don't see Comcast holding out with their main competition carrying the network
Do they really compete though? Cable companies basically have local monopolies. Their competition is satellite and streaming. Unless the local government renegotiates because they are unhappy with the cable service?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Anybody hear anything from Dish? I called them a week ago about ACCN and Fox Sports (which they are currently in a pissing contest with, so no Braves for me) and told them that without FS and ACCN I had no reason to keep them. They gave me a month free and a promise they were doing everything they could...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anybody hear anything from Dish? I called them a week ago about ACCN and Fox Sports (which they are currently in a pissing contest with, so no Braves for me) and told them that without FS and ACCN I had no reason to keep them. They gave me a month free and a promise they were doing everything they could...

dish does this all the time. It angered me enough about 5 years ago, same pissing match with fox, i canceled and went to directv. Then, as hulu live and others came up to speed I cut the cord and wow never will look back. hulu live and youtubetv are great; 45-50 bucks and no contract. Total position flexibility.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I read something yesterday that Spectrum had agreed to carry the ACC net with its Disney/ESPN content. Probably will add $ to an already bloated bill. I don't have any other options now than satellite and I have too many tall trees blocking the signal. Just glad I can get the games now.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I read something yesterday that Spectrum had agreed to carry the ACC net with its Disney/ESPN content. Probably will add $ to an already bloated bill. I don't have any other options now than satellite and I have too many tall trees blocking the signal. Just glad I can get the games now.

if you get cable, can you not buy a nice cable modem package and do hulu or youtube tv? Thats what I do. I have xfinity internet with my own modem and router, and stream an online service. Both internet and online tv combined is only 95 a month; and thats every sports channel out there, and a good channel lineup.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
if you get cable, can you not buy a nice cable modem package and do hulu or youtube tv? Thats what I do. I have xfinity internet with my own modem and router, and stream an online service. Both internet and online tv combined is only 95 a month; and thats every sports channel out there, and a good channel lineup.

I have the exact same set up with 300 mps internet from Comcast with YouTube TV. Mine is $95.00 a month and im happier than a pig in ****. YouTube TVs sports package is unrivaled which is the whole reason I went with them anyways (The only sports channel they don't have is NFL Network and NFL Redzone).