ACC Network Updates

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
if you get cable, can you not buy a nice cable modem package and do hulu or youtube tv? Thats what I do. I have xfinity internet with my own modem and router, and stream an online service. Both internet and online tv combined is only 95 a month; and thats every sports channel out there, and a good channel lineup.

I am willing to move to this exact setup but my dumb *** signed up for a 2 year tv/internet with comcast in January. Think there are penalties for breaking that contract?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I am willing to move to this exact setup but my dumb *** signed up for a 2 year tv/internet with comcast in January. Think there are penalties for breaking that contract?

No. If u change service in comcast to just internet and pick the 40 dollar plan its not a break in contract i dont believe. Just call and ask and strong arm em a bit

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have the exact same set up with 300 mps internet from Comcast with YouTube TV. Mine is $95.00 a month and im happier than a pig in ****. YouTube TVs sports package is unrivaled which is the whole reason I went with them anyways (The only sports channel they don't have is NFL Network and NFL Redzone).

I have hulu tv. Its the same sports lineup as well those are the two best for sports.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
if you get cable, can you not buy a nice cable modem package and do hulu or youtube tv? Thats what I do. I have xfinity internet with my own modem and router, and stream an online service. Both internet and online tv combined is only 95 a month; and thats every sports channel out there, and a good channel lineup.
I live in an area with only spectrum cable or satellite. I am not in a metro area. My neighborhood had to pay for stringing coax several years ago just to get cable (I didn't participate at the time) in the neighborhood so I am waiting for better streaming services and then I will change. Can you store shows for watching later? My wife does that for multiple shows. I also have 4 tv's and need BW to do streaming to all of them. Life in the boonies has some disadvantages. I am happy to get the games now. Will adjust later .

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I live in an area with only spectrum cable or satellite. I am not in a metro area. My neighborhood had to pay for stringing coax several years ago just to get cable (I didn't participate at the time) in the neighborhood so I am waiting for better streaming services and then I will change. Can you store shows for watching later? My wife does that for multiple shows. I also have 4 tv's and need BW to do streaming to all of them. Life in the boonies has some disadvantages. I am happy to get the games now. Will adjust later .

yes on all questions and accounts. And with hulu some shows are automatically archived and you don't even have to use the DVR feature. Spectrum offers internet I believe, just do that and try hulu or youtube. Its no contract, if you don't like it after a month cancel and go back to spectrum for both. Frankly there is nothing to lose. Heck, you don't even have to change your current setup and you can do a one week free trial on hulu tv or youtube tv and if you don't like either just cancel and keep what you got if you find the bandwidth isn't good enough...

Thanks to whoever yesterday mentioned tweeting WOW, I found out how to do that, and I have been having a tweet exchange with someone from the company this morning. No resolution to the problem, but at least I now know the means for contacting them. I told the person that they were likely to lose a lot of subscribers if they do not add the ACC Network. Of course, I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not, but neither did the person at the other end. LOL

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
dish does this all the time. It angered me enough about 5 years ago, same pissing match with fox, i canceled and went to directv. Then, as hulu live and others came up to speed I cut the cord and wow never will look back. hulu live and youtubetv are great; 45-50 bucks and no contract. Total position flexibility.

Same here. Dish asked why I didn’t want to continue after my contract expired and I told them it was because they didn’t keep Fox on the air during negotiations. I switched to YouTubeTV and I’ve been much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m cutting ties with Comcast next week if they don’t **** or get off the pot. Unlike you guys I’m the worst kind of customer. I don’t complain I just vote with my feet. It’s not my job to tell them what I want. It’s their job to figure it out and deliver.

I’m with you, not our job to figure out their business model and profit margins

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I’m cutting ties with Comcast next week if they don’t **** or get off the pot. Unlike you guys I’m the worst kind of customer. I don’t complain I just vote with my feet. It’s not my job to tell them what I want. It’s their job to figure it out and deliver.

As a small business owner who places a lot of emphasis on service and responsiveness, it’s frustrating to see so many companies just raking money while they are so terrible with both of those things.

LibertyTurns

Banned
As a small business owner who places a lot of emphasis on service and responsiveness, it’s frustrating to see so many companies just raking money while they are so terrible with both of those things.
Be patient with Comcast. They’re running all of their customers off. It won’t be long until they’re takeover bait.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I read something yesterday that Spectrum had agreed to carry the ACC net with its Disney/ESPN content. Probably will add $ to an already bloated bill. I don't have any other options now than satellite and I have too many tall trees blocking the signal. Just glad I can get the games now.
Not so at least in the Northeast.

Syracuse.com: Will you have to pay extra for ACC Network on Spectrum?
Andrew Russell, Charter’s director for communications in the Northeast, provided that information and said in an e-mailed statement that for subscribers to Select TV packages in CNY “there is no price change associated with the addition of the ACC Network."

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Even if there is a cancellation fee, you’re probably looking at $200 being the max. If you save $30 a month by switching, you cover that cost in 7 months and then the other 9 months is just icing on the cake.