ACC Network Updates

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Slings's customer service told me they wouldnt have it. Ive been a customer for 3 years or so, but dropped them yesterday for Hulu Live.

Made sure to include why I left on my exit questionnaire. I really only have tv for sports.

Yep. Apart from cancelling or going on pause over the summer, I had sling for three years also. I'll probably be going to Hulu also.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can’t I just download the ESPN app on my phone and then cast it to my TV and watch the game that way? The ESPN app says the game is scheduled to play on that platform.

You need a TV service provider to stream thru ESPN app. It only streams the channels you otherwise have access to.

slugboy

Staff member

Milwaukee

Banned
Comcast seems to still be negotiating: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3253001.

This gives me the feeling that they’ll agree on the 28th, and then most all of us will be confused about how to add it to our lineups in time. I don’t look forward to a customer service chat trying to figure this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Odds are if you have the sec network and pac12 network, etc then it will be in your package. If you don't have those I'd go ahead and upgrade to that package because you're going to need it.

Comcast seems to still be negotiating: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3253001.

This gives me the feeling that they’ll agree on the 28th, and then most all of us will be confused about how to add it to our lineups in time. I don’t look forward to a customer service chat trying to figure this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also get the idea that Comcast is actually negotiating, and that's definitely a good thing. I would bet that, unless it falls through, the decision will be made by the end of this week, which gives plenty of time. I just hope for my sake that WOW follows quickly behind. Fortunately, I have until the Temple game to make any switches in service that I may have to make.

Odds are if you have the sec network and pac12 network, etc then it will be in your package. If you don't have those I'd go ahead and upgrade to that package because you're going to need it.
Apparently, based on the article from the Augusta paper, ESPN is handling the ACC differently from the way they handled the SECN, so what you suggested may not hold true...at least at this point.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Good news for some in Georgia.

https://www.hargray.com/accn

If you live in Conyers, Covington, Hawkinsville, Kingsland, Lake Oconee, Macon, Perry, Pooler, Reidsville, Savannah, Hinesville, Statesboro, Valdosta, Warner Robins Georgia you can switch to Hargray by calling 877.427.4729 to ensure you have the ACC Network!

GTFLETCH

Banned
My understanding is that ATT’s contract with Disney runs out in September. This gives Disney a ton of leverage so ACCN is almost certain to be on ATT in the next month or so but by 8/22 or 8/29? We’ll see.

BTW, does anybody know the situation with DISH? I think their contract with Disney ran out last month. Apparently, ESPN is still available on DISH but there’s been no announcement about ACCN.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The tweet references thier own website. It's not the ACCN, it's ACC Extra. The on demand thing we've all had for a year.

Thier own staff have been mixing those up for months.
They have no clue and as of this afternoon told me they have no information. Actually worked out well for me though, made me look at the channel lineups and since I also had Hulu I will even save a bit by dropping Sling for Hulu TV

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This says Sling will have it.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As has been said, this was based on a Sling tweet regarding ACC Network Extra.

Chances are that when two different people report Sling saying "no plans" within the last two weeks, that's better info than a tweet from months ago.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for sharing these contacts. I sent my email letting them know how I feel. Hoping they are just stalling for leverage with ESPN or something and we'll get the ACCN befor GT:Clemson.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually knew Charlie well, worked with him and his team for a few years as a consultant. He is a pretty good dude, we haven't stayed in touch but will reach out to see if I can learn more.
Please do this Midtown, before a lot of us pull the plug.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck