ACC May Increase Number Of Conference Games for Network Inventory (Teel Article)

Animal02

Banned
If those programs are totally dependent on FBS - FCS match ups for their existence, then maybe they shouldn't exist. I am not a huge supporter of the argument that mismatches are necessary for the greater good. There is an integrity to sports and competition that comes before all else. It really does athletes engaged in such contests no good. There is nothing to be gained on either side for a slaughter to take place.
Could not agree more. It is completely disgraceful for a school to forfeit a game in order to take a payday. They obviously do not have their student athletes best interest....I.e. competition in mind.

Animal02

Banned
I agree with this. However, I think the P5 teams can get this from G5 leagues and FCS can get this from G5 teams. Unfortunately, the big payouts come from FCS teams playing upper level P5 teams.

The lower level G5 teams also using these tune-up games as fundraising for their programs since they don't have the huge TV contracts.
Big Ten has already banned teams from scheduling FCS schools.....starting in 2016.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Outcome fluid as ACC prepares to debate football scheduling model Friday
With commissioner John Swofford, ACC athletic directors are scheduled to convene via conference call at 9 a.m., Friday to deliberate, and perhaps approve, one of two options provided by ESPN: expand the league schedule from eight to nine games, while continuing to play at least one outside power five opponent annually; or, remain at eight conference games and play at least two non-league power fives each season.

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we go to 9 Conf games that would mean GT FB schedule is complete through 2026 except FCS opponents in 2018,2020, 2023-26... WOW that would be great!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
BKg-G3.gif