ACC May Increase Number Of Conference Games for Network Inventory (Teel Article)

GTFLETCH

Banned
If we go to a 9 Game Conf Schedule I think our 3 Game Non Conf schedule will look like:

UGA
ND or G5/P5 matchup in NON ND years
FCS (Home game always)

GTFLETCH

Banned
ND will count as ACC game, prob. NonConf would be geogie, FCS, G5, imo.

ND will not count as conf game until they join full time. That won't even be a possibility until their NBC contract is up!

The nine game ACC schedule will be much like the 8 game formatting we had with twelve members... we will play everyone every 3 years and have home games with everyone by 6 years....Today it is every 6 years and home games every 12 years..

ACC schedule would go like:
6 Division games plus 1 Cross Division rival plus 2 Cross Division rotating teams.

And 3 Non Conference games...
Which if you look at FBS Scheduling we are good through 2025...except in 2021 where we have Kennesaw State to make four...So we would give a little more coin to switch to 2020....then in 2018 we pay another FCS team and we are GTG..

With our 3 game non Conference looking like:

FCS (always a home game)
ND or a G5/P5 home and home series
UGA

If we go to a 9 game schedule by 2018 that is great....If not I think we schedule NMSU for 2018 and see when the ACCN launches!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Teel is speculating about taking up the proposal rejected just two years ago w/o addressing the issue of why it was rejected.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Teel is speculating about taking up the proposal rejected just two years ago w/o addressing the issue of why it was rejected.
It was proposed when we added Cuse and Pitt and then rejected when it was announced that ND would be a partial ND member and agree to play 5 ACC schools a year...

Teel is just reporting what he is being told...If and when a ACC Network is launched the ACC will have to have 9 Game ACC schedule...

The question is will that be in 2018 or latter? If is is after 2018 who will GT schedule? If is is 2018...Then we are GTG for 2018 and should sign a FBS to complete the scheduling!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Teel is just reporting what he is being told...If and when a ACC Network is launched the ACC will have to have 9 Game ACC schedule...

I didn't see him say this. Maybe, I missed it. Help me by quoting where you got it.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I didn't see him say this. Maybe, I missed it. Help me by quoting where you got it.

" As the ACC and ESPN envision the technology, finances and scope of their future partnership, one word or concept is central: Inventory.
The ACC needs more revenue from its media rightsholder, and in exchange, ESPN surely is requesting more inventory. Specifically, games. More specifically, football games. Conference football games. Remember the parameters of the nine-game league schedule ACC schools adopted in 2012, only to shelve eight months later? Time to unearth that file. Indeed, nine games are quite possible if, as expected, the ACC and ESPN agree by year's end to broaden the league’s exposure through traditional (cable) and progressive (online streaming) means."

link
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-nine-revisit-post.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
Link
http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2016/06/rx-for-9-games.html

"How much additional inventory would a 9-game schedule really create? I looked at this in some depth on Sept 2012 - when the league was considering it then. The answer: 1 game per team every other year, or 7 more games total each year. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but how much do you think an extra Clemson, Florida State, or Miami game is worth to the league?"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
" As the ACC and ESPN envision the technology, finances and scope of their future partnership, one word or concept is central: Inventory.
The ACC needs more revenue from its media rightsholder, and in exchange, ESPN surely is requesting more inventory. Specifically, games. More specifically, football games. Conference football games. Remember the parameters of the nine-game league schedule ACC schools adopted in 2012, only to shelve eight months later? Time to unearth that file. Indeed, nine games are quite possible if, as expected, the ACC and ESPN agree by year's end to broaden the league’s exposure through traditional (cable) and progressive (online streaming) means."

link
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-nine-revisit-post.html

Right. Teel says, "ESPN surely is requesting more inventory. ... more ... conference football games." He's expressing his inference and then dusts off his old research. He even says it's "quite possible" if they get a deal done.

Your conclusion that he's been told that there will be a 9 conf game schedule if and when a deal is done is just a major reading fail, ... by one of us.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Why would it?

1) To assuage cu, fsu, GT, and LOLvl who already have extra perm pwr5 opponents. 2) those games already add value inventory.

If you swap division record and conf record in the tiebreaker rules for division championship, it would have negligible affect.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
1) To assuage cu, fsu, GT, and LOLvl who already have extra perm pwr5 opponents. 2) those games already add value inventory.

If you swap division record and conf record in the tiebreaker rules for division championship, it would have negligible affect.
I'm all for swapping division record and conference record but at that point I would say that you shouldn't use the other division games as tie breaker nor Notre Dame. If you do that than I'm all for it.