ACC Football Thread

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Meh, Manny Diaz is a complete unknown quantity as a HC, he had good D’s at Miami but iirc he was terrible at another high profile stop. I’m certain that he will recruit very well in South FL, remains to be seen how he handles all that talent and if he can control the inmates and keep them out of trouble.
Could surprise me, but this smells like a Randy Shannon hire aka the guy that will keep all the talent from transferring. There was NO coaching search done.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’m still pretty astounded that UNC re-hired Mack Brown, this guy drove Texas into the freaking ground and it seemed pretty obvious that the game had passed him by kind of like Bobby Bowdon’s last few seasons.

Deleted member 2897

I’m still pretty astounded that UNC re-hired Mack Brown, this guy drove Texas into the freaking ground and it seemed pretty obvious that the game had passed him by kind of like Bobby Bowdon’s last few seasons.

The Mack Brown hire wasn't about what he failed to do at Texas. It was about bringing back all the fake classes and corner cutting that Mack Brown founded in the first place 20 years ago. This was the first opportunity to hire a new football coach after the NCAA and ACC decided to do nothing to UNC over the fake classes fiasco.

slugboy

Staff member
New Miami head coach Manny Diaz says he wants to put in a cutting edge offense:LOL:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...coach-lets-go-entire-offensive-coaching-staff

If he finds the right Texas high school coach, he might. In any walk of life, few people who talk about being cutting edge have the guts to really do it. The ones who implement cutting edge systems usually do it quietly before anyone figures out what they’re up to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield is bringing two strong recruiters to Louisville to join his coaching staff. He's bringing Cort Dennison and Stephen Field from Oregon. Cort Dennison will coach outside linebackers and be c0-defensive coordinator and Stephen Field will be recruiting coordinator.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield is bringing two strong recruiters to Louisville to join his coaching staff. He's bringing Cort Dennison and Stephen Field from Oregon. Cort Dennison will coach outside linebackers and be c0-defensive coordinator and Stephen Field will be recruiting coordinator.
He needed to. He's in a nice hole after early signing day and trying to catch up on 2020 already.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

West Coasters with probably no SE highschool fb connections, good luck with that...