ACC Football Thread

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
FSU's avg recruiting class rank the last 5 years per Rivals: 4.8. Texas A&M's: 10.8.

I think the difference may be OL. FSU had a rash of bad OL. A&M's OL are making holes big enough to drive a truck through.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Hope this cures Jamious Griffin of his Wolfpack fascination. They'll be dogsh-- without that QB next year.
Bailey Hopkins transferred to NCSU this year so he’ll be eligible next year. He looked very promising coming out of high school. Was committed to Uga but flipped to FSU after Eason committed to Uga.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ACC Bowl records:
Atlantic 3-1 (BC game cancelled & Clemson gets another game)
Coastal 2-4

v G5: 2-1
v SEC: 1-1
v B1G: 0-2
v B12: 1-0
v PAC12: 0-1
v P5(ND): 1-0

Thanks, I was wondering. Haven't really followed much.

Back to UM, they are likely to win Coastal next year with their talent and no OC like Richt to squander the talent. We know for sure that UM won't be going to the TO or flexbone ...... :cautious:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Back to UM, they are likely to win Coastal next year with their talent and no OC like Richt to squander the talent. We know for sure that UM won't be going to the TO or flexbone ...... :cautious:
Al Groh s equal on offense- get in front of your man and beat him. Say that over and over.
Be Glad MR did not stop calling plays and go Dabo.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They will have to find a QB first.

You're right, they may have to settle for a 4 start rather than 5 star QB. Such a dilemma. (tic)

I think their problem this year was more how they used the players rather than the talent.

Once the OC is named, I won't be surprised if they don't poach someone from another team or get a "hardship" transfer.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Meh, Manny Diaz is a complete unknown quantity as a HC, he had good D’s at Miami but iirc he was terrible at another high profile stop. I’m certain that he will recruit very well in South FL, remains to be seen how he handles all that talent and if he can control the inmates and keep them out of trouble.