ACC Football Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are the ACC teams that Brett McMurphy thinks are going to Bowl Games and the Bowl Games he thinks they will go to

Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

Sun Bowl: Boston College vs California

Military Bowl: Duke vs Cincinnati

Belk Bowl: Virginia vs Missouri

Quick Lane Bowl: Georgia Tech vs Miami of Ohio

Camping World Bowl: NCSU vs Iowa State

Music City Bowl: Pitt vs South Carolina

Pinstripe Bowl: Syracuse vs Michigan State

Independence Bowl: Miami vs Tulane

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Any idea what “in this cycle” means in the following quote?

In fairness to Georgia Tech, we have had one sellout where it played [in 1999 vs. Notre Dame] and in this cycle they won’t play in Jacksonville again.

Honestly, I’ve never liked Jacksonville so not going back would be fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is our current contract with the Music City Bowl and the Gator Bowl is over a 6 year period each bowl will get (or are required to take depending on your point of view) an ACC team 3 times. Music City had Louisville in 2015, Gator had us in 2016 and Louisville in 2017. So the Gator Bowl president was saying we won't be invited in 2018, 2019, or 2020.

My wife and I enjoyed our visit in 2016. We had a room in the Doubletree overlooking the river and within walking distance to the stadium. Watching fireworks from our balcony 2 nights in row was cool.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
IF we were to beat UGA and still play someone like Temple in a bowl because “we don’t travel well”, that would be quite an anti-climatic end to the season.
No season where you beat uga on the last game of the season is anticlimactic. Any bowl game and a win against them will keep me smiling till next season.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is our current contract with the Music City Bowl and the Gator Bowl is over a 6 year period each bowl will get (or are required to take depending on your point of view) an ACC team 3 times. Music City had Louisville in 2015, Gator had us in 2016 and Louisville in 2017. So the Gator Bowl president was saying we won't be invited in 2018, 2019, or 2020.

My wife and I enjoyed our visit in 2016. We had a room in the Doubletree overlooking the river and within walking distance to the stadium. Watching fireworks from our balcony 2 nights in row was cool.

Thanks for explaining that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
LB Rico Kearney is transferring from Virginia Tech. It sounds like the rats are starting to leave a sinking ship.
Now we are ushering in the beginning of the snowflake generation. He already jumped ship from his U commitment and doesn’t have the cojones to fight for a starting position on a team that’s getting their *** kicked every weekend by bailing before the aeason’s done. If he thinks battling for a Vippy Sue LB position is tough just wait until he’s trying to move up from bagger to meat slicer in the deli department.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Now we are ushering in the beginning of the snowflake generation. He already jumped ship from his U commitment and doesn’t have the cojones to fight for a starting position on a team that’s getting their *** kicked every weekend by bailing before the aeason’s done. If he thinks battling for a Vippy Sue LB position is tough just wait until he’s trying to move up from bagger to meat slicer in the deli department.
I wonder if he could make the grades to get into GT?;)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
LB Rico Kearney is transferring from Virginia Tech. It sounds like the rats are starting to leave a sinking ship.
I hope Bronco Mendenhall (with big assist from new AD at UVA) is in process of getting a chokehold on FB talent coming (or more importantly staying) to play D1 in Virginia. I work with a bunch of Hokies. They do not see it coming & many of them don't realize the best FB product they'll see in their lives from their alma mater is behind them. ...I sure hope that's the case.