ACC Football Thread

LibertyTurns

Banned
We need to take UCONN & ND. Divide the conference North-South. Move the conference championship aka the Civil War to Nashville, a damn fun place to party and also happens to be in SEC country. You get the northeast market, a once decent basketball school that doesn’t mind losing in football plus you get ND. I’m not sure there’s any downside to this.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Notre Dame head football head coach Brian Kelly said there was no overwhelming talent disparity with Clemson and said 4 big plays were the difference in the game:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

While I would argue that Clemson has a definite talent edge, I don't think it's that big. And Kelly was right, three of their TDs were 40-60 yd runs/passes.

ND's biggest problem was solving the Clemson D.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
While I would argue that Clemson has a definite talent edge, I don't think it's that big. And Kelly was right, three of their TDs were 40-60 yd runs/passes.

ND's biggest problem was solving the Clemson D.

It REALLY helps to have a generational talent at QB in Trevor Lawrence. Seriously, the guy was making difficult throws look easy. He would be the #1 draft pick this year if he were eligible, and that's not really a debate.

Scary thing is physically he's still not fully developed, yet he's making high level P5 competition look like FCS competition. Even scarier thing? The guy is a good runner, and Clemson hasn't truly utilized his legs yet because he's so advanced with the mental aspect of the game and his passing skills that he gets the ball out so quickly so he hasn't really needed to run.

Oh, and CGC gets to try to game plan to defend that his first game. Welcome to the ACC Coach!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Notre Dame head football head coach Brian Kelly said there was no overwhelming talent disparity with Clemson and said 4 big plays were the difference in the game:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

This brings up a serious question. If the assertion is that ND was noticeably less talented than Clemson, and that led them to be non-competitive in the game, then what hope do we have? We're about to run a similar offense, and unless CGC can get us into the top ten in recruiting, then we're toast? Because ND has averaged classes ranked 11.8 since 2008. It doesn't do us any good to crow about ND if we're about to be in the same boat. I'm praying Kelly was right, and those big plays sank them, because if it was a talent issue, that doesn't bode well for us.