ACC Football Thread

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Miami head football coach Mark Richt is in trouble:cigar: The Miami AD Blake James said Miami's performance in the Pinstripe Bowl was unacceptable but that he still backed Mark Richt:rolleyes:

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...formance-unacceptable-still-backs-mark-richt/

The surprising thing to me from last night was how awful the UM QB's were and Richt is a former OC and college QB ?? ... and I remember seeing somewhere that UM's Total Offensive ranking was way low ??

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Miami is over playing their hand if they want to get rid of Richt. They aren't the Miami of the late 80's anymore.

Exactly, this morning I was listening to the DA Show, it's a national radio broadcast, anyway he mentioned they need to quit talking about National Championships and start worrying about competing in the ACC Coastal Division.
He also said they have 1 Coastal Division title in 15 years ... and yes we got mentioned as having more !!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
yep - he must find a QB though. It's bizarre how a place like Miami can't find a competent QB. That Rozier guy flat-out stinks.
It seems
The qb s at miami are great runners and not so good passers. They do vdry well against fcs teams. As competition rises their run yards take away from the teams effectiveness. Without a great rb or we and against a well coached defense, they are a bust.
This is the same thing we found out in the spread option.

Watching Baylor play last night I saw they are opening up the rpo and going old baylor w the air raid. The qb can run but its last idea. He was 3 star pro type QB from lake travis ( west austin) who one state championship in 50 plus point shoot out before 50,000 . Not great athlete but can pass and read defenses.

Imo let's hope gt goes pass centric

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
yep - he must find a QB though. It's bizarre how a place like Miami can't find a competent QB. That Rozier guy flat-out stinks.

Every offense needs good QB play to succeed. UM has struggled with that as much as Tech has the last couple years.

If they manage to find one they could turn a corner.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If Collins’ offense will be more traditional with a balance between rushing and passing, why wouldn’t a grad transfer QB, who has good fundamentals and who can sling it all over the field, be a good transitional year QB? While we may have a couple of QBs in line to take the reigns, it’s not like they have been doing a lot of passing up to this point. I would think getting that seasoned experience at QB would allow Collins to focus on the OLine and our existing QBs might make the transition from runner to passer quicker.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Collins’ offense will be more traditional with a balance between rushing and passing, why wouldn’t a grad transfer QB, who has good fundamentals and who can sling it all over the field, be a good transitional year QB? While we may have a couple of QBs in line to take the reigns, it’s not like they have been doing a lot of passing up to this point. I would think getting that seasoned experience at QB would allow Collins to focus on the OLine and our existing QBs might make the transition from runner to passer quicker.
1. Cant like this enough!! ^^^^^.
And he would be gone in 1 year so our back ups can be ready OR a highly rated pass centric QB can recruited for immediate or down the road. It's all about continuously improving recruiting.