ACC Football Thread

slugboy

Staff member
Home attendance isn't the issue. It's how many of our fans show up at away games. That's what he means by "travel well."
Yeah, I understand that, but it's hard to pull evidence for how well you travel. I've done it, and there are fans and tailgating, but I haven't seen anyone track visiting fans that way.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have been to bowl games and I have watched bowl games... and ACC championships on TV. I have not data that says we out showed the opposing team. There are many reasons.

UK out showed GT in the Taxslayer bowl in 2016 and look at the travel distance! It is what it is...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We don't travel as well as Iowa or Michigan, but we do pull a respectable crowd. For last year, which wasn't a good season, we averaged 46,885 per game. We're a little behind UNC and NCST, but middle/upper ACC. I can't give bowl attendance figures for last season for obvious reasons.

As much as I hate to admit it. The mutts are probably the highest rated traveling fan base by the bowls. Bastards are riding high and traveling like maniacs.

That would come to a screeching halt with a couple of 5 loss seasons. Something to put on my wish list for Santa...with GT being one of the 5.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As much as I hate to admit it. The mutts are probably the highest rated traveling fan base by the bowls. Bastards are riding high and traveling like maniacs.

That would come to a screeching halt with a couple of 5 loss seasons. Something to put on my wish list for Santa...with GT being one of the 5.
If the Dwags went back to what they were in the 1990s their fair weather fans would be rooting for Tennessee,Alabama or Auburn;)