ACC Football Thread

Deleted member 2897

Our S&P+ only moves up 12 spots to 58 after Bowiing Green. I figured 9 touchdowns in 9 possessions would move us up more. Something like 9th highest of ACC teams. That feels about right for now.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Our S&P+ only moves up 12 spots to 58 after Bowiing Green. I figured 9 touchdowns in 9 possessions would move us up more. Something like 9th highest of ACC teams. That feels about right for now.

Our Off ranks 31 and D ranks 88. I suspect O ranking improved and D ranking got worse.

Still, can't say much with BG as opponent.

Deleted member 2897

Our Off ranks 31 and D ranks 88. I suspect O ranking improved and D ranking got worse.

Still, can't say much with BG as opponent.

Yup. When you're up 30 points, that also has to impact the type of defense you play too. It is what it is. :) I'm much more interested in winning games too than S&P+ rating. I'd happily trade a drop of 10-20 spots in the ranking to beat Louisville.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There are 5 ACC head coaches on this week's Coaches Hotseat List

#5 Larry Fedora North Carolina

#8 Bobby Petrino Louisville

#14 Willie Taggart FSU

#18 Paul Johnson Georgia Tech

#19 Justin Fuente Virginia Tech
Boy, Taggert and Fuentes didn't even hang up their coats, did they?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think LF is gone at UNC. Petrino is on thin ice. I honestly have no idea with PJ! I’d think he’s be let go/retire if we have a losing season but he did just get an extension. Fuente and Taggart? No way. Not after 3 years at VT and 1 year at FSU.