ACC Football Thread

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
I told you guys Louisville quarterbacks are gigantic scrubs

Heard some interesting post-game commentary from a former FSU QB, who said that FSU's safeties throughout the game were way too complacent, often staying in their zone and not breaking on certain receivers quickly enough -- which the safeties could've done more of, because Louisville's young QB seldom looks off defenders -- looking one way and then throwing the other. Of course, like any skill, he'll probably get better at it with experience.

Here's a good article for us football laypersons to better appreciate what safeties do at the NFL level: https://www.theringer.com/2016/8/30/16046064/safeties-earl-thomas-ha-ha-clinton-dix-4d5056f283ea

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Got to wonder if KB leaving the team has caused some problems in the locker room between older and younger players. They played uninspired until that last drive.
The short answer is no. Every recruit for every position knows that there is competition for every position, every week. If anything they think Bryant bailed on them, even as they are sympathetic. Saturday was a signature win for Clemson and Swinney. He stayed true to his culture of 10 years, one element of that being the best player, whether freshman or senior, will start, and then defend it against competition the next week. Bryant did not want to do that and risk sitting on the bench his last year. Now he will look for a program where he is almost guaranteed to be No. 1. It really is no more complicated than that.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson QB = selfish. Several of their players came back foregoing the NFL draft and money. The least he could have done is wait until after the season.

Thats delusional lol. Every one of those players is a starter and came back to improve their draft prospects. Difference between a fourth round pick and first and second is insane in terms of guaranteed money and contracts. It can absolutely be viewed as a selfish move.
A player that wants to play in the NFL after getting demoted for a 12-2 start absolutely should transfer if they are hidden in the depth chart. End of the day, college football is a minor league system for players and Saturday night football for fans. Its a three year tryout and you won't turn heads sitting on a bench for two years. 130 starting jobs odds are he'll get one of them.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Thats delusional lol. Every one of those players is a starter and came back to improve their draft prospects. Difference between a fourth round pick and first and second is insane in terms of guaranteed money and contracts. It can absolutely be viewed as a selfish move.
A player that wants to play in the NFL after getting demoted for a 12-2 start absolutely should transfer if they are hidden in the depth chart. End of the day, college football is a minor league system for players and Saturday night football for fans. Its a three year tryout and you won't turn heads sitting on a bench for two years. 130 starting jobs odds are he'll get one of them.
I think he will play in the CFL

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here is how i see the remainder of the GT 2018 football season going from what i've seen so far

@Louisville W
Duke W
@Virginia Tech L
@North Carolina W
Miami L
Virginia W
@UGAG L

I think GT goes 6-6 and plays 6-6 Indiana in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit
Come on @MikeJackets1967 ...we've already checked the box on "should not have lost" to that team. Can't you squeeze another W out of that list? ...to balance that out. Of course, as I type that I realize I'm suggesting we go 5-2 here on out. We haven't played like a 5-2 team ...... YET! (y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Come on @MikeJackets1967 ...we've already checked the box on "should not have lost" to that team. Can't you squeeze another W out of that list? ...to balance that out. Of course, as I type that I realize I'm suggesting we go 5-2 here on out. We haven't played like a 5-2 team ...... YET! (y)
I'm wearing my gold and white glasses today and trying my best to be optimistic;)