ACC Football Thread

stech81

Helluva Engineer
How do you get half a win?
At VT this is a half win

th

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When have we not been projected to suck?
If we think we are going to suck , but do good ;the hype train barely gets going.

We gt vets know how to handle that.

Also, we can handle the hype of the new young coach.

However , if we win 8 games this year, you and the rest of the gt vets are going to have to restrain the band wagon joiners.
As we saw this year and the year before the difference between 6-6 & 8-4 is slight.

When we win 8, play very well against uga, nd, clem , and beat the hell out of Duke; I will need a straight jacket.

Animal02

Banned
If we think we are going to suck , but do good ;the hype train barely gets going.

We gt vets know how to handle that.

Also, we can handle the hype of the new young coach.

However , if we win 8 games this year, you and the rest of the gt vets are going to have to restrain the band wagon joiners.
As we saw this year and the year before the difference between 6-6 & 8-4 is slight.

When we win 8, play very well against uga, nd, clem , and beat the hell out of Duke; I will need a straight jacket.
I think 8 wins is possible, if the ball bounces in the right direction a time or two.....a break we seemed to miss out on all to often.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I guess you have no memory that our top 5 abacks were out by the third game of the season! How about giving our hard working SA’s a fr&@$ing break.
We lost Searcy at ND. Which other ABs did we lose by that game? Snoddy and Willis and Griffin were still playing. I will give you this much, we had a bunch of injuries in 2015, and that affected us a lot. We were still a pretty healthy team when we lost at ND and then again, the following week, in the rain at Duke. I was at the Duke game and it was not a pretty game. I said then, our ABs are not making the blocks down field. By the end of the season we were not a good team. We discovered that Mason made our entire 2014 OL better and the great crew of ABs we had in 2014 (Andrews, Perkins, Hill, Zenon, and Bostic) were gone.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We lost Searcy at ND. Which other ABs did we lose by that game? Snoddy and Willis and Griffin were still playing. I will give you this much, we had a bunch of injuries in 2015, and that affected us a lot. We were still a pretty healthy team when we lost at ND and then again, the following week, in the rain at Duke. I was at the Duke game and it was not a pretty game. I said then, our ABs are not making the blocks down field. By the end of the season we were not a good team. We discovered that Mason made our entire 2014 OL better and the great crew of ABs we had in 2014 (Andrews, Perkins, Hill, Zenon, and Bostic) were gone.

Matthew Jordan was moved from AB to QB after Byerlys injury in practice following the season opener. Nate Cottrell went out in preseason. Lost Searcy in the ND game. Lost Snoddy the next week playing against Duke. And while Mason was good, CPJ stated several times that our BBs, (Laskey/Days) covered up a lot of OL mistakes in 2014. Either way, without the homerun BB (Leggett went out preseason) and minus the AB blocking, added to spotty OL play and a ton of injuries, 2015 was a disaster.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/georgia-tech/tabulating-georgia-tech-injury-toll/p8Lkke9qJIXh7xw39dEwxM/

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Matthew Jordan was moved from AB to QB after Byerlys injury in practice following the season opener. Nate Cottrell went out in preseason. Lost Searcy in the ND game. Lost Snoddy the next week playing against Duke. And while Mason was good, CPJ stated several times that our BBs, (Laskey/Days) covered up a lot of OL mistakes in 2014. Either way, without the homerun BB (Leggett went out preseason) and minus the AB blocking, added to spotty OL play and a ton of injuries, 2015 was a disaster.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/georgia-tech/tabulating-georgia-tech-injury-toll/p8Lkke9qJIXh7xw39dEwxM/
I think your original comment was that we lost our top 5 ABs by the 3rd game, which I took issue with. Mathew Jordan and Nate Cottrell were not in the preseason 2-deep. Searcy definitely was a top AB. Snoddy was a big loss, but Duke was the 4th game and he game back to play later in the season. As I said earlier, injuries hurt us in 2015. But ACC teams have to play through a lot of injuries and we did not have the OL play or the AB play from prior years. We also did not get as much from the BBs, but I see that as more of an OL shortcoming than a BB thing. All that aside, I agree with you that injuries contributed to make 2015 a disaster.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yep. That's when he discovered just how good Shaq Mason had been and how important it was to have A-backs who were willing to block.
And we found out the other teams are allowed to make adjustments to get better. At ND we came in after scoring 120 to 6 in first games. The nd defense held the center and put no one near the giant rg and rt who could not block in space. In an *** whipping Coach came up w 2 mis direction swing passes to bb that brought us back to respectable.
I

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think your original comment was that we lost our top 5 ABs by the 3rd game, which I took issue with. Mathew Jordan and Nate Cottrell were not in the preseason 2-deep. Searcy definitely was a top AB. Snoddy was a big loss, but Duke was the 4th game and he game back to play later in the season. As I said earlier, injuries hurt us in 2015. But ACC teams have to play through a lot of injuries and we did not have the OL play or the AB play from prior years. We also did not get as much from the BBs, but I see that as more of an OL shortcoming than a BB thing. All that aside, I agree with you that injuries contributed to make 2015 a disaster.

Wasn't my comment. Was just replying with actual facts versus the supposition and vague/hazy memories that run rampant around here.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Clemson 4 star LB signee out of Baton Rouge Bryson Constantin tore his knee up in a Baton Rouge University Lab High School basketball game

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ignee-suffers-knee-injury-in-basketball-game/

This is why I hated reading the post about Trevor Lawrence, as well as other posts about Jordan Yates reverse dunking a basketball.

If something goes wrong, let it happen working out for football - not some pick up game or a game of horse.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I may get the starting OLs jumping me in the Hallway to English class, but I don't care if you're a future 1st rounder, you push me like that because I picked you on a basketball play and you're getting one across the jaw. I'm a Lawrence fan, but that was d!ck by him.

:eek: Are you advocating violence???