ACC Football Thread

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is why I hated reading the post about Trevor Lawrence, as well as other posts about Jordan Yates reverse dunking a basketball.

If something goes wrong, let it happen working out for football - not some pick up game or a game of horse.
Intuitively I agree, but there is something to be said for Swinney's acceptance that college kids, football players or not, should be allowed to be college kids. And to a recruiter HS basketball can tell more about a player's athletic skills than football.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC is replacing their field with artificial turf. They are finally going to have an indoor practice facility. Even Duke has had an indoor practice facility for several years now. Wonder why it has taken so long. Guess they spent it on legal defense of fake classes.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
UNC is replacing their field with artificial turf. They are finally going to have an indoor practice facility. Even Duke has had an indoor practice facility for several years now. Wonder why it has taken so long. Guess they spent it on legal defense of fake classes.

Wake, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville...would we ever go back to an artificial turf?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Rams Club paid $68M for the new indoor facility and the initial cost for the grass. I have only been to Kenan once and the field was awful. I am not sure why they have some much trouble keeping grass on the field, but they do.

Milwaukee

Banned
Wake, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville...would we ever go back to an artificial turf?

That's Mack Brown for you. He did the same thing to Texas in 09. TCU, Oklahoma and Iowa State are now the only teams in the Big 12 who still play on a natural grass surface. I'll be devastated if we ever go back to turf. I can't watch Michigan, Ohio State, or Notre Dame games anymore. Football is meant to be played on grass. I give the domes a pass but if you're outside you should be playing on real grass. It's a very sore subject for me. Now I need a drink.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's Mack Brown for you. He did the same thing to Texas in 09. TCU, Oklahoma and Iowa State are now the only teams in the Big 12 who still play on a natural grass surface. I'll be devastated if we ever go back to turf. I can't watch Michigan, Ohio State, or Notre Dame games anymore. Football is meant to be played on grass. I give the domes a pass but if you're outside you should be playing on real grass. It's a very sore subject for me. Now I need a drink.

We've done it, Milw. We've found something we agree on.

I only want grass with my football.