ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Finally had the opportunity to watch Syracuse/St John's.

So literally, in my entire life of watching Syracuse, that was the worst thing I've had to stomach. 2nd most disappointing game behind Keith Smart / NCAA championship.

To be fair, Syracuse didn't really lose by 33. They lost by 20 and then gave up. Essentially, it was even worse than the box score.

@RamblinRed - there is nothing interesting about 'Cuse's NCAA prospects. They are not an NIT team. After being top 10 vegas odds preseason to win it all, this is where it's at a dozen games in. GT is more fun to watch. Pastner > Boeheim so far this year. Should be a "wild" home and home akin to that 45-43 (or whatever) CBG special we saw two years ago.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Finally had the opportunity to watch Syracuse/St John's.

So literally, in my entire life of watching Syracuse, that was the worst thing I've had to stomach. 2nd most disappointing game behind Keith Smart / NCAA championship.

To be fair, Syracuse didn't really lose by 33. They lost by 20 and then gave up. Essentially, it was even worse than the box score.

@RamblinRed - there is nothing interesting about 'Cuse's NCAA prospects. They are not an NIT team. After being top 10 vegas odds preseason to win it all, this is where it's at a dozen games in. GT is more fun to watch. Pastner > Boeheim so far this year. Should be a "wild" home and home akin to that 45-43 (or whatever) CBG special we saw two years ago.

I saw that Tech Syracuse in person....worst game I have ever seen.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That's not the story ESPN wants you to talk about.... they'll run Grayson Allen on page one for a week or two. UNCheat scandal is exponentially worse than anything Allen has done in his life, yet it will be relegated to the tiny agate typeface newspapers used for "Transactions" when I was a kid.

Agreed

scrappy_95

Georgia Tech Fan
Allen is a THUG!!! There is no way around it. He is not a spoiled brat or confused. If he was playing for Kentucky or UNC...that is what we would call him. Stop sugar coating it.

"wacky personality flaw" or "uber competitive flaw"... PLEASE!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Allen is a THUG!!! There is no way around it. He is not a spoiled brat or confused. If he was playing for Kentucky or UNC...that is what we would call him. Stop sugar coating it.

"wacky personality flaw" or "uber competitive flaw"... PLEASE!

I do agree that, if he played for anyone other than Ratface, the "narrative" would be totally different and it would most definitely blowback on his coach.

Seth Greenberg thinks he "needs help"

There's no cure for being a .........

So many potential blank-fillers there. :D

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The fact that anyone listens to Uncle Fester is amazing to me. He was a mediocre coach with a massive paranoid streak when he was at VPI. It was always someone else's fault and he was never to blame. Buzz has done more there in a short time than Fester the Molester did in his whole tenure.

I wouldn't call Allen a thug. He's a child. Immature, petulant, brat? Cheap? Absolutely. Role model for my kid? Nope. Nicky Fotiu (NY Rangers) was a thug. Laimbeer was the poster child thug. Artest? Thug.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The fact that anyone listens to Uncle Fester is amazing to me. He was a mediocre coach with a massive paranoid streak when he was at VPI. It was always someone else's fault and he was never to blame. Buzz has done more there in a short time than Fester the Molester did in his whole tenure.

I wouldn't call Allen a thug. He's a child. Immature, petulant, brat? Cheap? Absolutely. Role model for my kid? Nope. Nicky Fotiu (NY Rangers) was a thug. Laimbeer was the poster child thug. Artest? Thug.

Agree with everything here except maybe Artest. He has/had legit mental issues IIUC.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I do agree that, if he played for anyone other than Ratface, the "narrative" would be totally different and it would most definitely blowback on his coach.

If you have seen Game of Thrones the answer lies within

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

It should reflect on K given he practically invented the soccer flop for all of American basketball, amateur and pro.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I heard about this video, but this is the first time I've seen it. Pretty scary stuff TBH. Looks like something deeper going on there.

Reminds me of movies where a seemingly All American kid who has everything going for himself tries really hard to keep it together in public. Behind clothes doors though, he struggles with demons and does things people would be shocked to know about. Seems like an instance where where Allen had a meltdown and forgot the cameras where on.

Combine his reaction to all the other incidences where the spotlight is magnified because of who he is and he STILL trips an opposing player? Seems like someone that needs professional help.