ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Should we even bother discussing the latest Grayson Allen tripping incident. I thought he had a chance to be pretty good in the league. Looking like a typical Duke brat/soon to be assistant coach for life.

The ensuing meltdown he had after getting called for a T is worth the price of admission.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Should we even bother discussing the latest Grayson Allen tripping incident. I thought he had a chance to be pretty good in the league. Looking like a typical Duke brat/soon to be assistant coach for life.

The ensuing meltdown he had after getting called for a T is worth the price of admission.

I missed it, but would like to know more.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
ACC will suspend him one game, maybe two. If two, he won't play against Tech but I still don't think we can beat Duke minus Allen.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Almost as shameful as how much UNC has apparently cheated that the NCAA won't leave them alone.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Syracuse is going to be an interesting team to watch from a computer ranking standpoint.
While they have pretty good ratings in KenPom and Sagarin, they are currently in the 190's in RPI (more than 20 spots below GT).
They may have to win alot of ACC games (i'm thinking at least 11) to have a shot at the NCAA.

Ugly ugly loss to St. John's tonight.

Also, Allen may be one of the dirtiest players in ACC basketball history.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Syracuse is going to be an interesting team to watch from a computer ranking standpoint.
While they have pretty good ratings in KenPom and Sagarin, they are currently in the 190's in RPI (more than 20 spots below GT).
They may have to win alot of ACC games (i'm thinking at least 11) to have a shot at the NCAA.

My all-time Ric Flair during my time of watching ACC hoops is Steve Blake.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I played college hoops for two seasons and never saw anything like that. I cannot help but think there will be a payback somewhere along the line. Athletes have a way of punishing guys who play dirty. Hard, aggressive, maybe even risky, play is OK. But dirty (especially a cheap move like that) is never acceptable to other players.

Also, K's comment about nobody needs to do anything more than what he will do is very self-serving.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I played college hoops for two seasons and never saw anything like that. I cannot help but think there will be a payback somewhere along the line. Athletes have a way of punishing guys who play dirty. Hard, aggressive, maybe even risky, play is OK. But dirty (especially a cheap move like that) is never acceptable to other players.

Also, K's comment about nobody needs to do anything more than what he will do is very self-serving.

And the NCAA will probably accept it

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First, we will see what indefinite means. That could mean 1 game, could mean 10. Who knows - up to the whim of K.
I do suspect the league office called Duke after K's PC and said they needed to take action or the ACC would do it for them.

That is his third tripping incident. Sorry, kid, but that is just plain dirty play.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
First, we will see what indefinite means. That could mean 1 game, could mean 10. Who knows - up to the whim of K.
I do suspect the league office called Duke after K's PC and said they needed to take action or the ACC would do it for them.

That is his third tripping incident. Sorry, kid, but that is just plain dirty play.

I'll say 3 makes sense.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Allen is an interesting creature. Unbelievably talented for college but with a wacky personality flaw. I cannot decide if it is an uber competitive flaw he can't control or just a dirty player underneath. The 2 can be linked AKA Lambier.

I expect this will be a couple of games and hope he has a few 5 am conditioning sessions in between

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not sure if I should be glad Coach K actually suspended him or just assume he only did it himself to pretend he did something because he knew the ACC would suspend him anyways.