ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This isn't really GT or ACC related but I thought it was a halfway decent piece on the Mitchell Robinson situation ...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...please-learn-from-mitchell-robinsons-mistake/

... it was always silly for him to commit to WKU and it seems everybody knew it except the kid.

Kids are making baffling decisions these days. Javin Delaurier must have really wanted that degree from Duke to sacrifice his basketball career.

Marcus Lee rode the pine at U.K. To finally get some PT.....then transferred

Malik Newman....

Robert Carter...

The kids need to take their recruitment more seriously and not just go with the sexy choice or where their AAU coaches drinking buddy coaches.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Believe vacating championships is crap but like the idea of multi year bans on post season play, with players able to transfer & play immediately. Really doubt uncheats & stripperville get penalized...NCAA never seems to make the blue bloods be accountable.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I guess if I knew my kid was only going to be in school one year, I might not see the team as #1 either. "The only reason my son is playing at Whatsamatta U is the frigging CBA that says he cannot play in the league his first year out of high school. Who really cares whether the coach is retained after next season. Certainly not me."

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
the upside for GT would be that we wouldn't see much of him. Only so many cross country trips and he needs to stay in LA and make sure everyone knows his other kid is better than LeBron.

But in reality the little reading I have done on him is he isn't as good as his older brother. Kind of a 4 year player. Emphasis on little reading.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kids are making baffling decisions these days. Javin Delaurier must have really wanted that degree from Duke to sacrifice his basketball career.

Marcus Lee rode the pine at U.K. To finally get some PT.....then transferred

Malik Newman....

Robert Carter...

The kids need to take their recruitment more seriously and not just go with the sexy choice or where their AAU coaches drinking buddy coaches.

Sigh, I'm not paying any more attention to this dude/saga ...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
DILu9KQVYAAy7Bl.jpg