ACC Discussion

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pittino's meltdown was at halftime when they had to restrain him from going after a fan who yelled at him on the way to the locker room. ESPN reporter said the fan yelled "Pittino you suck" or something reasonably innocuous like that. Th evideo shows him coming out of a deep thought to go right after the person. If that is all it was something else was going on in his brain.

But LV was pretty weird even before that. For whatever reason they chose to not be introduced before the game. Maybe that is becoming common but it was the first time I had seen it.

It was a really good game though. UNC crowd was into it. And UNC actually played reasonably good defense. Kind of game they hope they get in March.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Rush the courts weekly ACC behind the numbers.
They have a whole section on just how good GT's defense has been at home and how it has led GT to surprisingly win 7 games so far. No team in the ACC has been able to hit their Offensive PPP avg at GT. NC ST game closest. L'ville was 2nd closest. GT is first in the ACC in 2-pt FG defense.

http://rushthecourt.net/2017/02/24/inside-the-acc-numbers-volume-vi-3/

Deleted member 2897

Rush the courts weekly ACC behind the numbers.
They have a whole section on just how good GT's defense has been at home and how it has led GT to surprisingly win 7 games so far. No team in the ACC has been able to hit their Offensive PPP avg at GT. NC ST game closest. L'ville was 2nd closest. GT is first in the ACC in 2-pt FG defense.

http://rushthecourt.net/2017/02/24/inside-the-acc-numbers-volume-vi-3/

And that was aided tremendously by 10 second chance points from a massive number of offensive rebounds.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Smith was handed the award before the season started. The ACC wants the "sexier" name to get the award. JO to me deserves it but I'd be completely shocked if he wins it.

I love Okogie but it is more than a little ridiculous to act like Smith would be undeserving of the reward.

He leads the ACC in assists, second in steals, 6th in points, and is a good rebounder for a guard.

And head-to-head, Okogie outplayed him both games.

Okogie outplayed him in the last game but Smith outplayed Okogie in the first.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I love Okogie but it is more than a little ridiculous to act like Smith would be undeserving of the reward.

He leads the ACC in assists, second in steals, 6th in points, and is a good rebounder for a guard.

Don't be bringing facts to the table!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Smith would be a deserving winner. If GT was to win out and Okogie go nuts, then that might change.
i think the 5 listed are the 4 that are likely to be the all Rookie team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

If someone said water was wet. How would you word your argument to the contrary?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If someone said water was wet. How would you word your argument to the contrary?

I would argue that being wet is the state of being covered in water or a liquid so that calling water itself wet is actually a misunderstanding of the word wet.

For instance clothes can be either wet or dry. A road can be wet or dry. Your mom's mouth was wet last night but dry the night before. So if something cannot possibly be dry then it makes no sense to describe it as wet.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
At the half, London Perrantes has seven assists and Dennis Smith, Jr has one. These are the comparisons that hust SMith's chances. He tends to disappear against top competition.
Perrantes line: 16 points, ten assists, one turnover
Smith, Jr: 13 points, two assists, five turnovers

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I would argue that being wet is the state of being covered in water or a liquid so that calling water itself wet is actually a misunderstanding of the word wet.

For instance clothes can be either wet or dry. A road can be wet or dry. Your mom's mouth was wet last night but dry the night before. So if something cannot possibly be dry then it makes no sense to describe it as wet.

ill talk to her. Might be a gland issue. Or you don't provoke moisture.