ACC Discussion

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have to agree with you.. That is what you saw last night.. When the kid who badly needs a haircut struggled, they couldn't score.

Other than Wilkins, I'm not sure that they have all that much talent. Maybe the kid with the man-bun will explode a la Ben Lammers next year..LOL

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Have to agree with you.. That is what you saw last night.. When the kid who badly needs a haircut struggled, they couldn't score.

Other than Wilkins, I'm not sure that they have all that much talent. Maybe the kid with the man-bun will explode a la Ben Lammers next year..LOL
I actually like what Virginia has on the wings - both Shayok and Devon Hall are good players. Their issue is on the blocks - they have zero offensive presence down there. Salt and Diakite are not yet ACC-level big men from an offensive standpoint.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also their two freshmen guards can't guard anybody. When they're in to play offense, teams are spreading the floor to iso/drive past them on the other end.

I agree, it's a team and system I typically enjoy watching, but they're not a great team this year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I DID get killed in chat when we played them for saying that...

Well, to be fair, you're you and I'm me. :D

Seriously though, I think they got spoiled by how good Brogdon was for them. If not for his recent swoon, he might be the rookie of the year in the league this year.

I'm not saying they stink, just saying the reports that they're gonna take over college basketball are a wee bit premature.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I want Duke to lose. I don't see a scenario of our last 3 games where we'd say, "if only Cuse had lost to Duke."

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We cannot count on winning in Syracuse. These next two are critical for the NCAAT. But, I think we need to worry about the NIT. It is not a slam dunk.