ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Assumed you were giving me $hit
I was on the initial bait then moved on. My bad Peac.

Re: the CBG comparison... Pitt's faint glimmer of hope to salvage the season got crushed by blowing a 10+ point lead with about 10 min to go, at home. They have a roster of good individual pieces that randomly puts it together (@Maryland, vs. UVA, vs. 'Cuse) but haven't done anything consistent throughout the year.

Still feels like folks here undervalue Pitt just a little. Not saying they're good or great, but their 3 ACC wins vs. our 6... somehow translates to terrible team vs. we're an obvious NCAA bubble team? I'm probably still hanging onto elements of the Pitt of old but I'd still take Artis, Johnson, Young in a heartbeat. Just leave Stallings at home.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Re: the CBG comparison... Pitt's faint glimmer of hope to salvage the season got crushed by blowing a 10+ point lead with about 10 min to go, at home. They have a roster of good individual pieces that randomly puts it together (@Maryland, vs. UVA, vs. 'Cuse) but haven't done anything consistent throughout the year.

Still feels like folks here undervalue Pitt just a little. Not saying they're good or great, but their 3 ACC wins vs. our 6... somehow translates to terrible team vs. we're an obvious NCAA bubble team? I'm probably still hanging onto elements of the Pitt of old but I'd still take Artis, Johnson, Young in a heartbeat. Just leave Stallings at home.

No worries I was just being a pi$$ baby.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Pitt's coach

Can't just leave him home when he answers ur question.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No worries I was just being a pi$$ baby.
No worries. I'll take responsibility for failure to communicate.

Feel free to go back to being a Buzz Williams VT fanboy now. There's still room for you and @mstranahan in the tub.

upload_2017-2-15_7-33-37.png

;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to be snarky but no news in that quote. Even Gottfried has said the same thing. If you want the worst quote a Wake player was quoted saying his coaches were telling them State players would quit if they got down.

State paid to revamp the whole program for this year and had a really good influx of talent. It obviously hasn't worked. Chemistry and effort issues. The reason not to make a change is mostly the amount of money that it takes to make a change and Yow's pending retirement. The reason to make a change is the performance this year and the smoke around the program about GOTTFRIED's off court persona. Net net if the Murphy's are willing to pay for it a change will happen

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It will be interesting to see what happens tonight. UNC likes to make the State crowd unhappy and the Pack has been relentless tormentors during the UNC scandal crap the past few years. The 50+ beat down in Chapel hill was just the beginning for UNC fans who want more than simply getting even. They would love a reprise.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not trying to be snarky but no news in that quote. Even Gottfried has said the same thing. If you want the worst quote a Wake player was quoted saying his coaches were telling them State players would quit if they got down.

State paid to revamp the whole program for this year and had a really good influx of talent. It obviously hasn't worked. Chemistry and effort issues. The reason not to make a change is mostly the amount of money that it takes to make a change and Yow's pending retirement. The reason to make a change is the performance this year and the smoke around the program about GOTTFRIED's off court persona. Net net if the Murphy's are willing to pay for it a change will happen

Hey, any snark from you is always forgiven considering you've got an avatar ridin' on this puppy. :D Speaking of puppies, if I can stomach it, there could be a UGA-centric avatar in your future. :whistle:

I think they're past the point of using Yow's retirement as an excuse not to make a change. If anything, she'll make the firing then leave the hiring up to the new AD (hopefully, for our sake as their competitor, they'll use the Fogler firm to make their new hire (y)).

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight. UNC likes to make the State crowd unhappy and the Pack has been relentless tormentors during the UNC scandal crap the past few years. The 50+ beat down in Chapel hill was just the beginning for UNC fans who want more than simply getting even. They would love a reprise.

Oh man, tonite is appointment viewing. Any tarhole lead is gonna illicit a rain of boo's that'll make Durant's return to OKC look tame by comparison.