ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting games so far tonight.
BC is up 10 on ND at halftime (shooting 58% FG, 55% 3FG).
Clemson is up 12 on Wake with 3 min to play in first half
Pitt up 11 on VT at halftime.

All home teams with significant leads so far.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson still crushing Wake - Wake has a high RPI due to a high SoS, but is 0-8 against the Top 50.
ND has come back and taken lead in Boston
VT and Pitt tied 5 min to play.

Also, TN is getting spanked by KY

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice win for VT. Pretty much takes away any last chance of Pitt trying to make a run to bubble status.

BC loses despite another big scoring output by FR Ky Bowman - 29 pts.

TN lost to KY and their RPI went up, but at 13-12 they are basically done unless they win out.

ACC bubble watch is a little insane, At this point there are still 12 teams fighting for NCAA bids, only BC, NCST and Pitt are done.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
VT was a 5.5 point underdog in Vegas. KenPom had VT as an underdog too, which ignores injuries if I understand correctly. What am I missing? Why was VT winning a foregone conclusion?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Told y'all I don't think Wake can win more than 2 more games the rest of the way. They're basically done. Great to see VT pull it off because I want no part of the 9 seed and most likely playing Miami in the tournament. Rather have the extra game against BC.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The Vegas gurus are not picking winners. Why does this misunderstanding persist?
You make any money on this high likelihood bet? Why was KenPom so wrong?

Not many systems better than Vegas in predicting the outcome. I don't know many consistently beating them.

I'm done being salty.