ACC Discussion

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow..that's worse than an upset..

Twice this year that Miami has gotten beat on their home court by an inferior team.

This was a complete drubbing.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That means its ok if we lose to Vanderbilt. Because another team lost to a bad team.
Nope. It's an entirely exclusive event demonstrating another crazy college hoops event. It affected the ACC, so I posted it in the ACC thread. Nothing to do with Vandy.

If we lose to Vandy, it'll be a function of them being a great shooting team and our subpar perimeter defense allowing too many open opportunities. Also, given the quality of Vandy's shooters, it's hard to call them a bad team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be an uphill climb today for sure. I would not start Q today, and we need Tadric to start hitting some shots.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What has happened to our transition game? Do we pay attention to such issues under CBG? This Mich. St. Offense gets boring to watch.
The fans that do come to the games, can't seem to get into it. I even sit on my hands, most of the way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is there a more condescending coach than Roy Williams.

Young lady interviewed him after their win over OhioSt and asked STTE: "How do you solve turnover problems" or w/e. Roy says "Well if I knew how to solve them I would've done it already" or STTE. He didn't say it in an intentionally mean way but definitely in an intentionally condescending way IMHO. Man I can't stand that guy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UNC looked really good today against OSU.

In other College BB news...Kentucky absolutely SMASHING UCLA 41-7 at halftime. Goodness.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is there a more condescending coach than Roy Williams.

Young lady interviewed him after their win over OhioSt and asked STTE: "How do you solve turnover problems" or w/e. Roy says "Well if I knew how to solve them I would've done it already" or STTE. He didn't say it in an intentionally mean way but definitely in an intentionally condescending way IMHO. Man I can't stand that guy.
Imo, a stupid question deserves that answer

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow..that's worse than an upset..

Twice this year that Miami has gotten beat on their home court by an inferior team.

This was a complete drubbing.

Supposedly Rodriquez was playing sick for Miami last night (as well Hall for Clemson), but it goes to show you the weakness that Miami does have. They really have no bigs at all that are capable of creating offense. They can only score inside when Angel creates something for them. So they rely heavily on their perimeter guys hitting shots. Most of the year they have - last night not so much - 27 of 41 shots were threes and only 8 made.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
couple of other scores of note.

Rhode island won again today. So that continues to be a very good win for GT.

Charlotte made a late comeback but still lost to Georgetown 81-78 - they looked dead in the water with 5 to play but missed a three that would have sent to ovetime.

USC Upstate beat Miss St today. Lead pretty much wire to wire. Miss St tied it late but USC Upstate made shots to win.

Pitt came from 7 down late to force overtime and beat Oakland by 3 in OT. Pitt is not nearly as good defensively as the last couple of years.

Syracuse blew a win against Villanova in Philly, giving up 5 pts in the last 10 seconds to allow overtime and then lose.

UNC played really well for 35 minutes against OSU and then tried to give it away late. At one point missed 6 straight FT. Good 82-74 win though.