ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the 'Cuse/NC St box score moves the needle for the folks afraid of big minutes

upload_2017-2-1_22-24-0.png

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UVA has to be reeling from their loss at Syracuse. This could be an interesting game, as I think these guys are out for the entire game. With Snider and Hicks still out, UL will be short able bodies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Minutes played in ACC games

MINUTES PLAYED Cl GP Minutes Avg/G
1. Andrew White III-SU SR 11 434 39.5
2. Tyler Lydon-SU SO 11 418 38.0
3. Tyus Battle-SU FR 11 412 37.5
4. Matt Farrell-ND JR 11 406 36.9
5. Steve Vasturia-ND SR 11 402 36.5
6. Davon Reed-UM SR 10 364 36.4
7. Jamel Artis-UP SR 10 361 36.1
8. Ky Bowman-BC FR 11 391 35.5
9. Ben Lammers-GT JR 11 389 35.4
10. Quinton Stephens-GT SR 11 387 35.2
http://www.theacc.com/page/team-stats-m-baskbl-stat-crew

Lammers averages 34 1/2 minutes per game for the year, #86 nationally
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/628/p2

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
K, Beilein, Self, Boeheim, Larranaga, Brey, Tubby Smith, Alford, Ollie, McKillop, Fisher all have 1+ players in the top 100 playing 34.3+ minutes per game.

The sky is not falling due to Lammers' minutes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
NCSt goes down again, this time to FSU. Lost 4 straight and 8 of the last 10. Man, all that talent ...wasted every year. They're the UGA football of ACC basketball.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am not trying to be a jerk here but I'm sure I'll accomplish it anyways.

What talent?

DSJ is a player no doubt. Henderson? Eh. He can shoot but.....
Anya ate his talent. Abu has regressed each year it seems. Yurt7 is rail thin.

That said, Gott doesn't really have a system but I think they were better two years ago for sure and Barber may have been a better college player than DSJ

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am not trying to be a jerk here but I'm sure I'll accomplish it anyways.

What talent?

DSJ is a player no doubt. Henderson? Eh. He can shoot but.....
Anya ate his talent. Abu has regressed each year it seems. Yurt7 is rail thin.

That said, Gott doesn't really have a system but I think they were better two years ago for sure and Barber may have been a better college player than DSJ

I have to tout their talent. Fits my Gott-sucks narrative. Try and keep up, Peac. ;)

Seriously though, I believe they have enough talent to not be as bad as they are. I've always said Anya is/was vastly overrated. The idea that Abu was gonna leave early for the draft was laughable IMO. The Turk has been a bust so far. Considering he's played "pro" vs men prior to his arrival, his slow start should be disheartening for them.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
At this point are we better off with teams we’re about to play like NC State and Syracuse losing so they don’t have momentum when we play them? I’d say we’ve proven ourselves enough with wins over FSU, UNC, ND & VCU that we don’t really need any of the teams we’re about to play to look like a good win. We just need the win.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Biancardi Basketball Recruiting
Recruiting nugget for tonight's UNC / Duke game. Most McDonald's All Americans by school including the class of 2017. - 1. North Carolina 71, Duke 71, Kentucky 62, UCLA 41, Kansas 41. 8pm ET on ESPN.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
DSJ is extremely talented but like many frosh he is inconsistent. He dominated Duke in Cameron. Then he lays an egg at FSU. His whole season has been a series of feast or famine games. Hopefully he sleepwalks through the game at McCamish! ;)

Rowan is a damn good shooter and capable player in other areas. Henderson and Dorn are nice complimentary players, but not studs. Abu is talented but limited offensively and hasn't blossomed like they thought. Yurtseven was over-hyped and it's now showing. Anya has destroyed any value he had.

All that said, the Pack has more raw talent than we do and they're doing less with it. (IMO, they have more raw talent and less result than several ACC teams this year) Just imagine if we could add Rowan and Abu to our current roster. Honestly, I think that is the kind of squad we could have next year with Alvarado, Haywood and (fingers crossed) MJW added to Lammers, Okogie, JMoore, Tadric, CMatt & Gueye. I'll take that roster and CJP over Gottfried and whatever he has

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
DSJ is extremely talented but like many frosh he is inconsistent. He dominated Duke in Cameron. Then he lays an egg at FSU. His whole season has been a series of feast or famine games. Hopefully he sleepwalks through the game at McCamish! ;)

Rowan is a damn good shooter and capable player in other areas. Henderson and Dorn are nice complimentary players, but not studs. Abu is talented but limited offensively and hasn't blossomed like they thought. Yurtseven was over-hyped and it's now showing. Anya has destroyed any value he had.

All that said, the Pack has more raw talent than we do and they're doing less with it. (IMO, they have more raw talent and less result than several ACC teams this year) Just imagine if we could add Rowan and Abu to our current roster. Honestly, I think that is the kind of squad we could have next year with Alvarado, Haywood and (fingers crossed) MJW added to Lammers, Okogie, JMoore, Tadric, CMatt & Gueye. I'll take that roster and CJP over Gottfried and whatever he has
If we add MJW we could be a really good team next year with what we have returning. Not to say that this year is over, because it certainly is not.