ACC Discussion

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Not sure I'd call Tubby a has been. Not a great recruiter but that guy took Minny and TT to the dance recently. He can coach.

The Pastner Memphis thing was best for both but the fact that they can't even be happy for him (yet) is silly. He won a lot of game there
He also took UGAG to the NCAA Tournament two seasons in a row before going to Kentucky

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Duke pulled out the game against Wake on a late 3 from Kennard. He went nuts. 11-14 from the floor, 6-6 from 3. 34 points.

The Campaign To Kill Grayson Allen continues. Little Childress tackled him and slammed him to the floor. Third time in three games he's been assaulted. At least this time they called a foul. I get that the kid isn't a saint but when the conference condones targeting a kid and trying to hurt him, I have a massive problem with it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Duke pulled out the game against Wake on a late 3 from Kennard. He went nuts. 11-14 from the floor, 6-6 from 3. 34 points.

The Campaign To Kill Grayson Allen continues. Little Childress tackled him and slammed him to the floor. Third time in three games he's been assaulted. At least this time they called a foul. I get that the kid isn't a saint but when the conference condones targeting a kid and trying to hurt him, I have a massive problem with it.

Allen had just flagrantly grabbed a WF guy's arm. When the conf condones giving that immature thug playing time, they should shut up on retaliation.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Allen had just flagrantly grabbed a WF guy's arm. When the conf condones giving that immature thug playing time, they should shut up on retaliation.
Exactly. Players on other teams wouldn't be "targeting" the guy if those players had any faith that the conference was penalizing Allen appropriately for the irresponsible actions he's taken on the court. Instead, the conference has let Duke's coach self-servingly pick a penalty that suits his own team's W-L needs, rather than appropriately disciplining a dangerous player.

But then again--I could be wrong. I'm trying to think back here, but I can't be definite because my memory is hazy...exactly how long was Allen's indefinite suspension? Isn't it still in place? I'm not sure....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Players on other teams wouldn't be "targeting" the guy if those players had any faith that the conference was penalizing Allen appropriately for the irresponsible actions he's taken on the court. Instead, the conference has let Duke's coach self-servingly pick a penalty that suits his own team's W-L needs, rather than appropriately disciplining a dangerous player.

Then I hope you have the same attitude if one of his teammates decides to protect him in kind.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Allen "flagrantly grabbed" Crawford'so arm, #alternative facts. Watch the play. It's a basketball player. Nothing more or less. The entire wake time charges into the duje bench and Childress attacks him

Next time it happens I hope a Duke bench player puts the wake punk (or whoevwr) in the hospital

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Allen "flagrantly grabbed" Crawford'so arm, #alternative facts. Watch the play. It's a basketball player. Nothing more or less. The entire wake time charges into the duje bench and Childress attacks him

Next time it happens I hope a Duke bench player puts the wake punk (or whoevwr) in the hospital
I liked Allen's hustle on the play. After the play, he was the victim of a shove and immediately tried extricate himself. There was nothing he did other than play hard. It was a foul. End of story until Wake got after him.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Then I hope you have the same attitude if one of his teammates decides to protect him in kind.
I'm not saying Allen deserves what he's gotten, or that the players who are targeting him are in the right. I'm saying that the people who are supposed to be the grown-ups in this--most specifically, the Duke coach, but also the ACC "leadership"--have created this problem be not enforcing an appropriate penalty on Allen for what he did...repeatedly.

I mean, come on—an "indefinite suspension" that was definitely only one game, for a player whose behavior was definitely out of control? I place responsibility on anything that happens in this ongoing situation squarely on Coach K, for being such a hypocrite that he would exclude his own players from the locker room, or from wearing gear with the team logo—simply for losing—after fake-disciplining a player for petulant actions on the court that risked serious injury to his opponents.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying Allen deserves what he's gotten, or that the players who are targeting him are in the right. I'm saying that the people who are supposed to be the grown-ups in this--most specifically, the Duke coach, but also the ACC "leadership"--have created this problem be not enforcing an appropriate penalty on Allen for what he did...repeatedly.

I mean, come on—an "indefinite suspension" that was definitely only one game, for a player whose behavior was definitely out of control? I place responsibility on anything that happens in this ongoing situation squarely on Coach K, for being such a hypocrite that he would exclude his own players from the locker room, or from wearing gear with the team logo—simply for losing—after fake-disciplining a player for petulant actions on the court that risked serious injury to his opponents.

Appropriate penalty? Then what would an appropriate penalty be? 3 games? The same penalty that we suspended Bolden for getting a DUI. Yeah. Makes sense. Tripping players and driving impaired. Deserve the same punishment. Get out of here.

Also risked serious injury to his opponent? The hell are you talking about? There are hard fouls that pose a way bigger risk of injury to an opponent that happen all the time in game. He tripped people, It's not like he undercut someone going for a layup or something. Face it, if Allen didn't play for Duke nobody would be making anything of a one game suspension for what he did. But because he does, suddenly tripping someone is a crime against humanity and it's perfectly fine for people to do stuff just as bad, if not worse, than he did.

Appropriate penalty? Then what would an appropriate penalty be? 3 games? The same penalty that we suspended Bolden for getting a DUI. Yeah. Makes sense. Tripping players and driving impaired. Deserve the same punishment. Get out of here.

Also risked serious injury to his opponent? The hell are you talking about? There are hard fouls that pose a way bigger risk of injury to an opponent that happen all the time in game. He tripped people, It's not like he undercut someone going for a layup or something. Face it, if Allen didn't play for Duke nobody would be making anything of a one game suspension for what he did. But because he does, suddenly tripping someone is a crime against humanity and it's perfectly fine for people to do stuff just as bad, if not worse, than he did.
First, if I remember correctly, it was not just a one time thing with him tripping a player; it occurred multiple times. Second, if coach K thought a one game suspension was enough, then why not do that to begin with? Why announce that it is indefinite and then lift it after only one game?