ACC Discussion

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm telling you, we can beat ND. That matchup is juicy for us.
You do not have to be GT to get smothered by the UVA defense. ND had a hard time getting anything last night. The Cavs D was so good last night that ND couldn't even hit their FTs.

Also, Pitt laid an ostrich sized egg last night. That makes three ACC games with 50+ margins this year. No team has been a party to more than one of those games.

Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You do not have to be GT to get smothered by the UVA defense. ND had a hard time getting anything last night. The Cavs D was so good last night that ND couldn't even hit their FTs.

Also, Pitt laid an ostrich sized egg last night. That makes three ACC games with 50+ margins this year. No team has been a party to more than one of those games.

And I'm pretty sure BC isn't one of those losing teams IIRC. Pitt, NCST and GT.

Given the choice between the two I def would have preferred Pastner over Stallings.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching the game night was amazing. I was late turning the TV on and we were up by ten at the time. I have seen GT blow leads before, so that did not make me think victory was certain. We were up by 28 and had the ball at one point late in the 1st half. I am sitting there thinking, "this game does not have the look of an upset. It looks like GT is the better team."

I watched the replay later and still have that feeling. It is surreal being a GT fan this morning.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Capel is crying about things leaking from the locker room. If the team is kicked out of the locker room, who exactly is doing the leaking? Must be him, coach crybaby or one of the fairies on the staff. What a sorry way of cracking down on your team! Most coaches would be a man & run them until they puke. At Puke they take their lipstick & eyeliner away, whine to the media & pout like the whiny bitches they are.

Anyone else notice the last time coach crybaby had piss poor team his back hurt & he had to miss the season and having all those losses on his record? What a *****. Dude is ball-less. Any coach that lets one of his players get away with kicking opposing players in the nutsack has some serious issues. All those spoiled punk dookies just keep on idolizing this bastard. Sad.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This Duke stuff could've easily gone into the 'Be Careful What you Wish For' thread. Sounds like K is dealing with Calipari problems. Only now he's realizing why it's not so easy to just take all the 5-star talent USABball serves to you and molding it into a winning team.

See when you have a loose cannon (Allen) doing silly yet punishable stuff (tripping; I mean really, who does that) but you only give him a slap on the wrist, how can you have a culture of discipline?

If I'm a teammate, don't come to me talking about sitting me if I miss a study hall or a class. Sorry. Allen garners national attention with his antics and he gets 1 game? Nah, coach. I ain't sittin'. I may as well withdraw from school to draft-prep. They're already doing that in football.

I think we're witnessing the beginning of the end at Duke. K isn't long for that job anymore IMHO. Letting go of the coaching reigns at USABball was step 1.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Sad news from our neighbors to the north. Charles Shackleford was found dead in his home last night. 50 years old, cause of death undetermined.

Shack is remembered more for his interesting use of the English language ("Shack can go left. Shack can go right. Shack be amphibious.") than his on court performance, but the guy could play. First team All-ACC. 17 points, 9 rebs per game (led the ACC in rebounding). He had lots of off the court troubles, especially after his time in the league, but I'll always remember him from NC State's 1987 ACC champion squad and how well he played in the ACC tourney.

RIP, Shack