ACC Discussion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So... one of the players that potentially received he benefits of fake classes is now on staff at an entirely made up position.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Eff this. Swofford is such a smarmy POS frontrunner stroking off headliners.

Direct quote from him on College Basketball Live while discussing Louisville - "What is alleged has absolutely no place in college athletics. I think we would all agree on that."

Yeah, right. I'm sure that's his view on UNC also.

Garbage *** punk b****.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Swofford's lack of ... never mind was going to be nasty...

any way, I think he's all but proven that it's all about $'s, the heck with integrity.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The ice is still melting under his feet..

The ACC Media day no show doesn't look good all away around either..I hate it more so for the player's representing Louisville.

I just realized they did indeed send the players to fend for themselves. Although I'm sure they were heavily prepped, that's just plain cowardly. Who's more likely to slip up and say something he shouldn't, Pitino or a player? The press isn't going to avoid asking questions about the scandal.

Yes, I understand him no-showing was the right legal strategy. However, sending the players was a bush league move.

Jurich is arguably the best AD in the business but his re-hiring Petrino and now how he's (mis)handling this Pitino situation could be his undoing. Petrino has been average as grits since returning and this Pitino situation is not going away just because they duck their heads in the sand and hope it all goes away. That only works for UNC.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Guessing this won't be the type of suspension that lasts all season, but it could significantly impact Wake's fortunes.

slugboy

Staff member
Pitino has to go. UL cannot, as a public university, turn a blind eye to a crime of this magnitude and duration. If true, Pitino is suddenly a huge embarrassment to the university system.
I think Louisville can stomach more than you think they can. Unless the NCAA steps in, Pitino is at least here through the season. I think the NCAA does nothing.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW the 2 players UL sent to ACC Media Day were the 2 grad transfers that had only been there for a couple of months. They likely wouldn't know anything anyways.
I think Pitino stays at least through this season. Unless they can tie him directly.

You have to remember, the NCAA isn't really involved in college football and gets no money from it, the vast majority of its revenue comes from the NCAA Tourney - so it has little incentive to go hard after cash cows in basketball of which UL is one (UNC is another).

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
FWIW the 2 players UL sent to ACC Media Day were the 2 grad transfers that had only been there for a couple of months. They likely wouldn't know anything anyways.
I think Pitino stays at least through this season. Unless they can tie him directly.

You have to remember, the NCAA isn't really involved in college football and gets no money from it, the vast majority of its revenue comes from the NCAA Tourney - so it has little incentive to go hard after cash cows in basketball of which UL is one (UNC is another).

Agree with all above. Why smack the hand that feeds you.

If that were GT, do you think we would get the axe? After all, we're the low man on the totem pole.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think GT would get hit alot harder than UNC or L'ville or KY would.

Wake could have a tough early season. Remember that Codi Miller Mcintyre is injured and won't play until late November and they dismissed Madison Jones this summer. Watson was a deep backup but Hudson was a likely starter. They are now looking at really only 3-4 perimeter players even being able to play with So Wilkebein being the most experienced. Likely means FR Crawford has to start and McClinton has to play most of the minutes at SF.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Dwayne Bacon and Malik Beasley went for 23 and 21 respectively last night.. Going to be scary if that's a sign of things to come, paired with XRM.