ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That's how it's going to be with Syracuse this year - feast or famine from 3. Charlotte really allowed guys to get open looks and was unable to punish 'Cuse's lack of interior depth. Look for the Orange to struggle against teams with similar or greater athleticism.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Didn't he just punch a guy too?

LOL, and he apparently tried to use a fake ID ... as a 7-foot 1st round NBA pick? Yeah, noooooobody's gonna recognize you. Dumb.

On an unrelated note, I stumbled upon the following tweet which made me sad.

Sigh

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UNC-Maryland was a great game last night. Paige and Trimble have to be near the top of anyone's PG list. If you love college hoops, you were up at 11:30 watching the entire game. And wishing for OT.

UVA struggled against Ohio State and NC State was awful at times against Michigan. I did not see much of the Pitt and Miami games, but what I saw made me think we will have to have great game to beat either of them.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the end of that Miami game last night. They've got as much talent as anyone and could contend for the ACC title as some pundits have put forth, but they'll sway whichever way Angel Rodriguez is playing that game.

Perrantes was out for UVA, so bound to struggle when such a steady quality PG is on the shelf.

Tuned in & out of the UNC/Maryland game. Not enough to really have any takeaways. Didn't need to watch it to know UNC is good.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
MD vs. UNC was as advertised. Both teams shot ridiculously well from the floor, particularly from 3. Seemed like Maryland stuck to the script for the first 33 minutes or so and hung close. When Carolina started making plays down the stretch, Maryland started to press a little and move away from what was working, which is what cost them the game IMO. UNC is probably more athletic than they were last year and is playing a lot of experienced guys - they're going to be really tough this year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure we have a single player who would start for UNC. Not even Marcus. I think they have eight guys who would be the featured player on our team this year. Well, maybe seven.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not good for us, but I think this is a fair decision.

Lol, yea, thanks for the announcement two days before Georgetown. Huge concession.

Penalties are absurdly disproportionate given the violations. Penn State, Miami, UNC, Syracuse. The latter gets hit the worst?

The NCAA is a joke.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You consider Cuse punishment to be extreme compared to the unbelievable penalties UNC has been handed for their egregious amount of RAMPANT academic fraud?

Oh wait......I'm being handed something here.....

.......nothing? Really? Well how is that.........

Nevermind. Carry on.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You consider Cuse punishment to be extreme compared to the unbelievable penalties UNC has been handed for their egregious amount of RAMPANT academic fraud?

Oh wait......I'm being handed something here.....

.......nothing? Really? Well how is that.........

Nevermind. Carry on.
The NCAA is waiting for UNC to say they're sorry and won't ever do it again.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Didn't he just punch a guy too?

He actually knocked out TWO guys. lol Does seem fair..I mean the two guys.

The NCAA is waiting for UNC to say they're sorry and won't ever do it again.

Unfortunately, your probably right. That school was sprayed down with Teflon.

Hate to sound like a person full of piss and vinegar, but nothing would make me happier than to see UNCheat get punish for football and basketball. I can dream can't I ?:sleep:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sometimes you have to ask yourself, "How smart do you have to be to stay in school at Duke?" Clearly. Not very.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Okafor-stopped-for-going-108-MPH-over-bridge.html

How much do you think he paid a PR firm for this?

""I hold myself to a higher standard than anyone else ever could and I'm not proud of some of my decisions over the last few months," he tweeted. "I own my choices both personally and now publicly. At this point I am cooperating and respecting the process I have to go through."

I'd guess $200K.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I saw some surprisingly good early season basketball in the ACC/Big10 challenge.

We'll have some work to do in conference to get to .500

/

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, any sanctions on UNC will not come until after BB season is complete.
NCAA had issued there initial list of violations and during its response UNC said it found some other things that needed to be investigated by the NCAA before responding, effectively pushing the process back 60 days and guaranteeing that no final decision after any appeal would take effect until after NCAA Tourney.

keep in mind that the NCAA gets roughly 90% of its revenue from the NCAA Tourney and basketball games, so it is in their financial interest to not come down too hard on one of their cash cows.