ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Wake fans are ready to turn the page on any Bzz recruits and feel they will ultimately get more out of Manning's.
CMM is an interesting player. Athletic, able to score, but doesn't shoot the ball well at all.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Gonna get the opportunity to do just that as this injury and Madison Jones dismissal will throw their highly touted PG right into the fire

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So what's everybody's take on Pitino's latest scandal? I know I'm late to the party but I (for some unknown reason) perused the article on ajc about it.

I think he can survive it unless someone can prove he provided the money (not just speculate that he did, even though it's pretty clear someone with $$$ had to).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So what's everybody's take on Pitino's latest scandal? I know I'm late to the party but I (for some unknown reason) perused the article on ajc about it.

I think he can survive it unless someone can prove he provided the money (not just speculate that he did, even though it's pretty clear someone with $$$ had to).

I'm going to say this. It will end up being an argument with 80% of the board I'm sure.

I don't care. Stripping is legal. The strippers decided they were down to have sex with guys at parties. They weren't raped. Weren't threatened. The guys asked, the girls consented. People had sex at their own discretion. I know prostitution is illegal but it's like marijuana illegal not beating someone with a pipe wrench illegal.

Things that concern me more is Andre McGee having 10k as a grad assistant and everyone else on the staff saying "Yeah I dunno"

The biggest problem I have is that the Madame pimped out her own daughter. Mother of the GD year right there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm going to say this. It will end up being an argument with 80% of the board I'm sure.

I don't care. Stripping is legal. The strippers decided they were down to have sex with guys at parties. They weren't raped. Weren't threatened. The guys asked, the girls consented. People had sex at their own discretion. I know prostitution is illegal but it's like marijuana illegal not beating someone with a pipe wrench illegal.

Things that concern me more is Andre McGee having 10k as a grad assistant and everyone else on the staff saying "Yeah I dunno"

The biggest problem I have is that the Madame pimped out her own daughter. Mother of the GD year right there.

I don't think you'll find many that disagree vehemently with the premise of what you said. The problem comes in the practice of what you said. Meaning there are a lot of girls that are forced into and kept in that life via physical and mental intimidation. Actually I think most of them are that way but that's a discussion for another day. Acts between consenting adults are fair game IMHO so the issue hinges on the 'consensual' part.

Agree the mom is just an all around winner here. Not only pimped out her daughter(s) but pimped out the under-aged one IIRC.

Pitino's issue will be the whole "I trusted my child to you ..." thing. I'd have to pass if my son was up for a scholarship.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, except in the ESPN article it said some of those that participated were guardians as well.

Two things make smart men stupid

1-Money
2-Beautiful women

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The thing Pitino will have to overcome if this is even half true is that the NCAA does not let teams provide sex as part of the recruiting process. Remember the T-shirts that given to a Tech player by his cousin's roommate? Whether it's current players or recruits, there are things people cannot give them. And sex is on that list. And, to add insult to injury, I the word "prostitutes" is probably in bold letters on that list.

Unless the book is a fraud, Pitino's coaching career and reputation are likely trashed and UL is going on 2-3 years of probation, with likely post-season ban and some recruiting sanctions.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
These sanctions against these schools for some of these things make me laugh since they come from an organization as corrupt as the NCAA.

Yeah, I'm sure none of those fellas ever enjoyed the company of a pro.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, except in the ESPN article it said some of those that participated were guardians as well.

Two things make smart men stupid

1-Money
2-Beautiful women

Something tells me if Peacone36, jr. had been there, @Peacone36 would've had his $1's ready. ;)

Seriously though, you gotta at least try to keep up the appearances of a *gulp* family environment, right?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Something tells me if Peacone36, jr. had been there, @Peacone36 would've had his $1's ready. ;)

Seriously though, you gotta at least try to keep up the appearances of a *gulp* family environment, right?

As I have no children that I know about, I would consider that to be a scumbaggy move. Not the strippers, but the whole sex party thing. I've been to a strip club with the old man, however that next step...........is indeed a vile thought.

However, I try not to feign moral supremacy or outrage to make other people think I am some kind of flawless being while I lock the closet I keep my skeletons in.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You can say whatever you feel is true about the NCAA recruiting rules, but the essence of those rules is to portray the general equivalence of student athletes and all other students. Whether it's strippers ( the U ) or whores ( UL ) or other willing students, most candidates for admission are not offered sex as an inducement for them to matriculate. Unless the NCAA wants turn their eyes from the transgressions at UL, or distance themselves from their prior position, they have to impose some type of punishment.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@orientalnc Perhaps they'll get punished, but I wouldn't assume they'll drop the hammer. Syracuse & SMU are probably good templates for potential punishment, but Louisville may not even get it that bad as I'd bet academic improprieties > sexual favors as a recruiting violation. Let alone the joke of an investigation UNC & Miami have been.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
@orientalnc Perhaps they'll get punished, but I wouldn't assume they'll drop the hammer. Syracuse & SMU are probably good templates for potential punishment, but Louisville may not even get it that bad as I'd bet academic improprieties > sexual favors as a recruiting violation. Let alone the joke of an investigation UNC & Miami have been.

The ice is still melting under his feet..

The ACC Media day no show doesn't look good all away around either..I hate it more so for the player's representing Louisville.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Who thought it was a good idea to let UofL in the ACC? Their academics are worse than most SEC schools. Then they hire Petrino. Now this.

The ACC Offices must get free Papa Johns for life.

Of course, if it was UNC, this incident would be swept under the rug.