ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else get the feeling that with UNC being a favorite in the upcoming season to cut down the nets the NCAA is purposely dragging their feet even worse than they normally would with a program of this caliber?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else get the feeling that with UNC being a favorite in the upcoming season to cut down the nets the NCAA is purposely dragging their feet even worse than they normally would with a program of this caliber?

Why smack the hand that feeds you. Carolina brings in a lot of money and ratings.

Roy was only mention ONCE in the NCAA findings. So I really don't think Carolina basketball will get that much handed down (slap on the wrist) to them if that.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The UNC fans, but more especially the UNC recruiting staffs, are saying UNC football and men's basketball are not mentioned inthe NOA sent to UNC by the NCAA, so those sports should not receive any severe penalties. Well, that may be the case, but an insider told me the university is very concerned that the faux classes made a great many athletes eligible who would not have been without that GPA lift. If that's the case, the hit could be very bad. Roy Williams and Larry Fedora are telling recruits they should not worry about the NCAA penalties. Fedora is also saying he is telling the recruits the truth (as he understands it) and cannot comment about what they understand.

UNC has tried to whitewash this from the beginning and now the initial whitewasher is recanting, somewhat.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article28708351.html

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well, the grad xfer rule has changed and they now have to sit one season. I think that will pretty much end that. I doubt someone with a degree and no NBA plans will sit for a year waiting to play one season. It will also occupy a scholarship for two years.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think the grad transfer rule has changed yet - though they are thinking about it. Regular transfer rules have changed - no more hardship waivers.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Yea... unfortunately this rumor started a month or two ago. Now it's official. Syracuse will be playing one post player taller than 6'8" this season that's worth a damn. Should be fun. Will be interesting to see 1) how many teams actually take advantage of that - it'll be similar to last year except Coleman will not exceed Christmas' performance and 2) how Syracuse adjusts their scholarships.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yea... unfortunately this rumor started a month or two ago. Now it's official. Syracuse will be playing one post player taller than 6'8" this season that's worth a damn. Should be fun. Will be interesting to see 1) how many teams actually take advantage of that - it'll be similar to last year except Coleman will not exceed Christmas' performance and 2) how Syracuse adjusts their scholarships.

They'll probably have to play some zone D. (y)

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I realize the ACC transfer rule, but too bad. This is a great time for us to get a transfer who would have to sit out instead of gambling on the grad rule. We are going to need an experienced PF for 2016-17.