ACC Discussion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Talkin' 'bout the 'Noles... having a lot of hoops talent next year.

Malik Beasley will prove to be among the biggest of big misses by us. That's my prediction.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
99.99% bad decision. He made no secret about his desire to go one-and-done before he hit campus. Only reason it was ever in doubt is due to the ACL tear. The injury meant he was going to stay one more year at most.

Pretty much no reason Syracuse needs to clear out their best returning post player. From what I gather the university is still planning to appeal NCAA sanctions, try to get a commitment from Thomas Bryant, which would have then moved their total scholarships to 11 or 12 (as opposed to the 10 imposed), which is still well short of the normal 13 max.
Thomas Bryant to Indiana. Recently been saying he hasn't heard from Syracuse in a couple months. Syracuse now at 10 scholarship players for next year but still planning to appeal. Makes me wonder about McCullough a little more but I'll keep my orange glasses on for now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
McCulloch was at least partially due to the inability to use a condom.
He mentioned that he has a girlfriend that is pregnant.

it will be interesting to see how the recruiting restrictions start to bite. Not only are they losing 3 schollies a year for 4 years, they are also limited to 2 coaches on the road recruiting for the next 2 years.

Best case scenario imo is getting 1 scholly per year back, but I don't think they will get that. NCAA has already been playing up the fact that the penalties could have been significantly worse if they used the new criteria rather than the old criteria.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
ACC just lost two of its best guards with Anderson and Hanlan going pro today. A little surprised about Anderson, thought that UVA team was coming back. Huge blow for them. Glad we don't have to deal with Hanlan's GT voodoo anymore

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hanlan's departure may mean we don't finish in last!
That team is really going to struggle to score next year. Most of their fans were convinced he would come back. Lonnie Jackson has decided to leave BC as a grad transfer as well (he would fit in well at GT - just saying).

Anderson's departure turns UVA from a Top 5 team into a Top 20 team.

I'm expecting FSU to be much better next year. They are going to have some serious perimeter scorers. VT should be alot better to with a good recruiting class coming in and Seth Allen and Zach LeDay becoming eligible.

BC, GT, Wake, Clemson in some order is probably your bottom 4. But the league is less likely to be quite as top heavy.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure grad transfers have the same limitations on transferring within conference, just unlikely.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not sure grad transfers have the same limitations on transferring within conference, just unlikely.
For graduates, the ACC uses the NCAA rule, which gives the institution rights to deny transfer to a school. The NCAA rule has three important things the transferring athlete must have:

- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Must enroll in a graduate degree program not offered at the old school;
- Must have letter from old school that it does not object to the transfer.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
For graduates, the ACC uses the NCAA rule, which gives the institution rights to deny transfer to a school. The NCAA rule has three important things the transferring athlete must have:

nice find there orientalnc!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I guess Pierre Jordan got one of those letters then.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jordan was a great kid and native Atlantan, so FSU probably said, why not? I looked back at his FSU stats and noticed he played in only 12 ACC games in 2+ years. He didn't do much more with us.
He landed us Robert Carter for 2 years the way he landed Chris Singleton for FSU for 3 years. Both played for his father's Atlanta Express squad, now sponsored by Under Armour.

I'd gladly take Under Armour's money just to have that pipeline of kids fed to us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He landed us Robert Carter for 2 years the way he landed Chris Singleton for FSU for 3 years. Both played for his father's Atlanta Express squad, now sponsored by Under Armour.

I'd gladly take Under Armour's money just to have that pipeline of kids fed to us.
This is a good point. I did not know that. Thanks.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Durand Johnson may not be eligible. There are rumors he will not be leaving Pitt in good academic standing - which would make everything moot.

Lacey leaving NCST is a big blow to them.